The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   You have one night..which one? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3127024)

meredith1 06-14-2013 08:38 PM

You have one night..which one?

Yacht Club, garden view OR rent points for AKV (savanna view) one bedroom?

The cost is about the same. We will arrive at the resort around 4 pm (after less than 2 hour flight) and have our first ADR at Tusker at 8:10 the following morning. Our children DD(5) and twins (B/G-3)

We'll transfer to BLT two bedroom, MK view for the next 6 nights when my parents arrive.

I guess my concern is that there is a bunch to do around YC and we basically have to stay put at AKV after travel with three young kids....we have never stayed away from the monorail resorts of CR or BLT. We are looking forward to it! Please help. :)

Sue M 06-14-2013 08:49 PM

Are you going to a park that night? If so, Epcot or DHS would be easy to get to from YC. If you are planning on staying in, there's lots to do at AKL. There is the obv animal watching. Stories around the campfire, roasting marshmallow, movies by the pool, and a great pool to swim in. If you are in Kidani they have a wonderful water play area your kids would love. Jambo has the better pool.
And night vision goggles for viewing the savana after dark. I don't think you'd run out of things to do.

MMS1125 06-14-2013 09:39 PM

Of the two I'd do YC whether doing a park or not. Take advantage of the pool for an evening

Another option and slightly cheaper since it's just for 1 night what about an AoA suite? Your kids would enjoy it and I think their pool is probably a lot more child friendly..plus you and your partner get a room to yourself while the kids sleep

Dizzytime 06-15-2013 03:47 PM

I agree, YC would be my choice. You're going to have to get on a bus for your Tusker House ADR the next morning regardless, just a little longer ride from YC but all the advantages of having so much within walking distance of the resort.
Have a great stay!

:goodvibes

hrt2hrtmomdeb 06-15-2013 11:42 PM

I'd definitely stay at AKL. There are tons of things to do and you can experience staying in the lodge to see if you'd like to stay longer on a future trip. You do not feel like you are even in florida in that place! Absolutely love it.

kmb584 06-16-2013 05:11 AM

If you aren't planning on going to a park that evening I'd opt for AKL. There is SO much to do within the resort itself and I'm sure your children would love not only seeing all of the animals but feeling as if they were in their backyard (which essentially they are).

If you are going to be going to a park, go for YC. It's proximity to both Epcot and HS makes for a nice walk or ride on the Friendship Boats. SAB is incredible, hands down the best pool and play area on property. You won't have to trek 3 little ones, very tired little ones, very far at the end of the night either.

DisneyFansInNYC 06-16-2013 07:19 AM

We love the EPCOT area. That is where we stay now but with the Tusker House early reservations I would do AKL. Especially just for one night. There is a lot to do their for the kids.

Wood Nymph 06-16-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meredith1 (Post 48686463)
Yacht Club, garden view OR rent points for AKV (savanna view) one bedroom?

The cost is about the same. We will arrive at the resort around 4 pm (after less than 2 hour flight) and have our first ADR at Tusker at 8:10 the following morning. Our children DD(5) and twins (B/G-3)

We'll transfer to BLT two bedroom, MK view for the next 6 nights when my parents arrive.

I guess my concern is that there is a bunch to do around YC and we basically have to stay put at AKV after travel with three young kids....we have never stayed away from the monorail resorts of CR or BLT. We are looking forward to it! Please help. :)

Are you planning to pack up and check out of your resort then travel to AK for an 8:10am breakfast reservation at Tusker House? If that is the plan, then that will be a very busy morning. You will have to be at the bus stop no later than 7:45am no matter what resort you are at. Tusker House has a wonderful character breakfast. We were there with our grandchildren who were the same age as your children, and it was great for them. :goodvibes

Either resort has a lot to offer. I would definitely choose YC if I had park tickets for that night. If I didn't have park tickets I would stay at AKL.

RapunzelsGoodMom 06-16-2013 12:51 PM

AKL Savannah view is definitely my pick! We are doing almost that same trip in Sept and staying our arrival day at AKL SV before going to Bay Lake. Great kids activities and fun pool and slide. And given Tusker House the next AM, I'd definitely do AKL. We typically just pack all our stuff for the first day in one bag together and leave the rest of the stuff in the car. Works great! And there's no better theming in Disney than AKL, IMO.