The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Excursion booking question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126564)

CSHaydt 06-13-2013 07:55 PM

Excursion booking question

quick question - We are booked on Fantasy Cruise in April (sooo can't wait) My day to start booking excursions is Feb something.. anyway... So what time should i be on to book - 6 am, 8 am, Noon?

Is it like ADR's i know when we go to the parks, i'm at 6 am on our 180 day out to make them. There are two we definitely want to do. How competitive is it that morning to get what you want? Is it like trying to book Le Cellier during F&W Festival?

We are silver members Silver Castaway Club members.

Also... do i need to pay for them at that time; when i book them that morning or do they just get added to our bill and charged when i pay the balance of our cruise or do they get added at the end of the cruise?

Thanks

ktb2002 06-13-2013 08:07 PM

As of right now it is Midnight Eastern time when you can book excursions. Being silver you can book at 90 days out. The main things that will probably be gone are the Cabanas on Castaway. There maybe limited availability on some things such as Palo and Remy.

ktb2002 06-13-2013 08:08 PM

Oops sorry, the excursions will be charged to your onboard account.

PrincessShmoo 06-13-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSHaydt (Post 48677398)
quick question - We are booked on Fantasy Cruise in April (sooo can't wait) My day to start booking excursions is Feb something.. anyway... So what time should i be on to book - 6 am, 8 am, Noon?

Is it like ADR's i know when we go to the parks, i'm at 6 am on our 180 day out to make them. There are two we definitely want to do. How competitive is it that morning to get what you want? Is it like trying to book Le Cellier during F&W Festival?

We are silver members Silver Castaway Club members.

Also... do i need to pay for them at that time; when i book them that morning or do they just get added to our bill and charged when i pay the balance of our cruise or do they get added at the end of the cruise?

Thanks

Your booking window (silver CC member) opens at midnight 90 days prior to your cruise start date. That would be midnight Eastern time. Unless you are trying to get a Cabana, or Palo/Remy reservations for a specific time, or some other really popular excursion, you usually don't have to be online at midnight doing this. The next morning will be fine.

One note, if you do the midnight thing, you must log into the DCL website after midnight. If you are already logged on prior to midnight, just hitting "refresh" won't do it.

Excursions are charged to your onboard account. You can cancel excursions up until 3 days prior to the start of your cruise with no penalty. After that, if you cancel, and DCL is able to "resell" you spot, you will not be charged. If DCL cannot resell your spot, you will be charged for the excursion.

CSHaydt 06-13-2013 08:12 PM

Thanks so much; I appreciate the information. I will probably be on at midnight, just cause i'll be excited. I'd like to do the Cabana if possible but the rest are just excursions.

Good note about having to log in after midnight; i would have just keep hitting refresh.

Thanks!!!

Kendal 06-13-2013 08:13 PM

I'm online to book on my day at midnight california time witch is 2 am my time when it opens up to book I'm ready to book and online check in is done then also

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

PrincessShmoo 06-13-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendal (Post 48677556)
I'm online to book on my day at midnight california time witch is 2 am my time when it opens up to book I'm ready to book and online check in is done then also

I'm not really understanding what you're saying. The excursion/online check in window opens at midnight EASTERN time. That would be 9:00 pm in California.

ktb2002 06-13-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendal (Post 48677556)

You can begin booking at 11 pm since you are in Illinois. You cannot be signed into DCL until 11 pm. Refreshing your page will not work, so do not sign in until that time.