The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you have done Las Caletas in Puerta Vallarta (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126394)

GatorMomInNC 06-13-2013 01:37 PM

If you have done Las Caletas in Puerta Vallarta

I really want to book this excursion, it looks great for my kids and all the posts I've seen says it is great BUT... we arrive in PV at 10am and leave at 3:30pm. The excursion page for DCL says this is a 7-7.5 hour excursion, but obviously, for us, the max it will be is 5.5 and probably a little less. PLUS, it takes an hour to get there and back, right? So realistically, we will be lucky to actually spend 3 hours there. And it is kind of expensive - $95 for adults and $65 for kids. I don't mind spending the money for a great excursion, but will the short amount of time ruin for us?

Scrubba2 06-13-2013 03:43 PM

Yes, I think it is worth it! It did go really fast and it wasn't about relaxation since we have kids lol. The kiddy zip line was great, and the donkey ride and monkey visit were a hit. We also enjoyed kayaking. The place is gorgeous, the food is good, the service was awesome and the margaritas kept coming! Wish I could go back there soon! Enjoy!:thumbsup2

Kirbo 06-13-2013 06:34 PM

This excursion was a major highlight for us last year! We had a complete blast and our kids loved it. I honestly don't remember how much time we had there, but we were busy the second we set foot there until we left. (I know that some folks just find a seat and relax, we had no relaxing, it was all playing!) It was worth every penny we paid and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Our girls were seven at the time and did everything that was offered.

And the boat ride there and back was also fun. And the crew of the boat was fantastic, although it isn't necessary, we gave them a big tip at the end.

GatorMomInNC 06-13-2013 08:40 PM

Thanks everyone - I will book it as soon as my window opens. One more thing I forgot to ask: my mom, who will be 80 and walks with a cane or a walker, will be with us (this is her birthday present cruise). Do you think she'll have problems getting on and off the boat that takes you over? Once we get there she can sit in a chair and watch the ocean...

Sparky47 06-13-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC (Post 48677754)
Thanks everyone - I will book it as soon as my window opens. One more thing I forgot to ask: my mom, who will be 80 and walks with a cane or a walker, will be with us (this is her birthday present cruise). Do you think she'll have problems getting on and off the boat that takes you over? Once we get there she can sit in a chair and watch the ocean...

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that excursion is not available on our Panama Canal cruise. I'm on that cruise too, and as a Gold Member I have already booked my excursions. The frustrating thing about the DCL website is that it shows ALL excursions that COULD be available at a port. But depending on how long the ship is in port, some excursions may not be available. When I saw your post, I looked it up because it didn't sound familiar. Since we aren't in port the length of that excursion, it's not offered. I wanted you to know so you could be prepared with another excursion rather than being disappointed when you went to book it. Let me know if you want me to check on any other excursions (in Puerto Vallarta or any of the ports we are visiting).

Linda

GatorMomInNC 06-13-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky47 (Post 48677966)
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that excursion is not available on our Panama Canal cruise. I'm on that cruise too, and as a Gold Member I have already booked my excursions. The frustrating thing about the DCL website is that it shows ALL excursions that COULD be available at a port. But depending on how long the ship is in port, some excursions may not be available. When I saw your post, I looked it up because it didn't sound familiar. Since we aren't in port the length of that excursion, it's not offered. I wanted you to know so you could be prepared with another excursion rather than being disappointed when you went to book it. Let me know if you want me to check on any other excursions (in Puerto Vallarta or any of the ports we are visiting).

Linda

Oh BUMMMER!!! I was so looking forward to that!! But thank you for telling me, i would have been VERY upset at midnight on Saturday when I went to book. That would be great if you could tell me what else was/wasn't available! Let me look at what else they have and maybe I can PM you back?

Sparky47 06-13-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC (Post 48678033)
Oh BUMMMER!!! I was so looking forward to that!! But thank you for telling me, i would have been VERY upset at midnight on Saturday when I went to book. That would be great if you could tell me what else was/wasn't available! Let me look at what else they have and maybe I can PM you back?

Sure thing - I've asked others to do it in the past so I'm glad to repay the favor. You can either PM me or you can post it on our cruise thread for others on the cruise to see and I'll be happy to let you know.

mamachap 01-02-2014 08:29 PM

Found this old thread looking for info on las Caletas... Any other thumbs up/down?
It's almost $400 for us, since DS is 12.... Worth it??

mamachap 01-02-2014 08:39 PM

Found this Old Thread while searching for info
On Las Caletas.
See a few here recommend it, but anyone else?
It's almost $400 for us- wanting to know pros/cons.

cris0809 01-02-2014 09:42 PM

We did it. It was beautiful and secluded and we would book it again. It did take a while to get there and back though so make sure you are aware of that.

mamachap 01-02-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cris0809 (Post 50380413)
We did it. It was beautiful and secluded and we would book it again. It did take a while to get there and back though so make sure you are aware of that.

Thanks. Had heard it's 45-60 minutes to get there/back.

That's part of my hang up. 90-120 minutes travel for almost $400.

cris0809 01-02-2014 10:38 PM

Yes however part of the cost is the transportation so :confused3 it is what it is.

Meghatron 01-02-2014 11:23 PM

I was so excited to do this on our stop in PV back in May and was seriously underwhelmed. The food and service were good, but the boat ride is LONG, especially with two small children in tow, and I absolutely HATED the beach -- it was rough and nearly impossible to walk in without constantly sinking down almost to my knees. By the time me and my kids managed to get off the boat with all our stuff, pretty much all the good chairs were taken and the two beaches are not at all big. I regretted choosing Las Caletas over Paradise Beach, which we had done the year before in PV and LOVED.