The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you PIF can you get your rate reduced? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126322)

dandjfla 06-13-2013 10:46 AM

If you PIF can you get your rate reduced?

So if I PIF and a week later a Florida resident rate comes out fir my cruise will they adjust my fare if I call them or am I out of luck?

Chilly 06-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandjfla (Post 48672566)
So if I PIF and a week later a Florida resident rate comes out fir my cruise will they adjust my fare if I call them or am I out of luck?

If its after the PIF date then no they won't reduce your price.

dandjfla 06-13-2013 11:19 AM

:( ok, thanks

Zandy595 06-13-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandjfla (Post 48672566)

Yes! We paid in full in August (last year) and FL rates came out in September. My TA called me the day the rates came out and changed it for me. Our cat. 8B was not part of the discounted rate, so he switched us to a 4D and we saved $640 on top of getting a better cabin.

MikeAndNick 06-13-2013 11:44 AM

I got both an upgrade and a refund onto my ship account when the rate went down after I paid in full. :confused3 They gave me my choice of Upgrade, Upgrade with a small refund or a refund of the rate change. My TA took care of everything.

VegasDisney 06-13-2013 11:49 AM

Is that only the case with a Florida resident rate?

lanejudy 06-13-2013 11:52 AM

Some discounts do allow for a reduction in fare on a current reservation - particularly FL resident rates and MIL rates have historically allowed this, sometimes even KSF. In that case, then yes you can request a refund (or onboard credit) after PIF. If it's a special discount - like *GT - that requires a new booking, then you would have to cancel the current reservation and rebook. It's all in the language of the discount offer whether or not it can be applied to current bookings.

If you pay-in-full before the PIF date - you should be able to get any fare reduction that is available to be applied to a current reservation (FL, MIL) as long as it is still prior to the official PIF date. You should even be able to cancel and receive full refund before the PIF date.

MikeAndNick 06-13-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasDisney (Post 48673089)
Is that only the case with a Florida resident rate?

Mine was just a rate reduction for the cruise. The cruise was not filling up so they reduced the rates. I always watch the price of the cruise I have booked to make sure the rates do not go down. If they go down I contact my TA to get the change. This does not happen very much on Disney. Most of my Disney cruises the price goes up as time goes by. Our last Disney Cruise almost doubled from the time I booked to the cruise time.

CT Mom of 3 06-13-2013 12:07 PM

Yes they will! I was paid in full for our April cruise and a month or so prior they had a kids sail free promo and I was able to get a refund for my kids which I just added to my onboard account.

n8tivecaligirl 06-13-2013 12:12 PM

I just booked the June 27th med cruise and then found the same "g" rate 300 cheaper. They honored it and u got that 300 back even if I sail in 2 weeks! And booked 3 weeks prior to sailing!

moomy-san 06-13-2013 12:25 PM

We were PIF ad KSF came out for our B2B's- our TA called and got us $1600 + back!!

lbgraves 06-13-2013 01:39 PM

Yes, only for FL rates. Someone posted that recently they were not able to get their cruise adjusted with a military rate. They had to cancel, pay the penalty, then rebook with the discount.

Chilly 06-13-2013 03:02 PM

Oh sorry I thought it was all discounts as I knew *GT's you couldn't.

TDC Nala 06-13-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilly (Post 48672701)
If its after the PIF date then no they won't reduce your price.

They will for Florida resident rates.

Used to be able to do it with military rates, but that was changed. It's only Florida rates now.

dandjfla 06-13-2013 05:28 PM

Great news!! Thanks everyone!!!