||06-10-2013 05:29 PM
Yacht Club - mini trip report from last week
Just back from a week at Yacht Club and thought I would share our experience. We have stayed at Beach before and loved it.
1. Arrival: super nice, I did online check in, they greeted us and whisked us right to the desk, in our rooms within minutes and got connecting doors with our friends as requested.
2. Rooms: clean, fresh, love the decor, maybe even a touch more than BC. We are boaters to we like nautical theme, navy blue, etc. A little staining on the counter, behind the door, nothing major. Under the day bed was clean (which was not the case for our Poly stay). I asked for early service since we always come back in the pm and it was always done when we returned.
3. Staff - super!
4. Food - here is a major CON for us, the refillable mug situation stinks here. Until noon you can go to the little bar area in the lobby, then after that until 10ish you have to walk all the way out to Hurricane Hannah's. Sorry people, I am not lazy, but this is a pain, especially if it is raining! This may be enought for us to pick BC over YC, we like our mugs and use them a lot! Ate at Yachtsman, delicious, excellent service. Food at Hurricane Hannahs was very good as well.
5. Pool - need I say anything, awesome, staff was awesome. I thought it was easier to get to the pool from YC than BC.
5. Crisis Management - ok, here is the story, 3/4 of the way through our week we notice the toilet is 'sluggish' when flushed (I have several boys in my group, enough said). So Thursday am, I called housekeeping and told them we may need a plunge, but that is was still working. Then at 2 pm (we are in a rainy HW Studios) we get a voicemail from housekeeping that a pipe broke in our room and it flooded and we need to change rooms....after 30 minutes of trying to get ahold of someone, I asked, now, when you get back, ok. So I get back, go to the front desk, it takes Peter 30 minutes to get me new cards, starting to get frustrated. I get up to the room, my DH is there with the hotel manager and our room is destroyed - beds gone, our stuff piled nicely on top of all the dressers and tables, carpet ripped back, fans blowing under it. Sam the manager explains about the pipe and she is going to move us to new rooms, comp us 1 night. I was a little upset because I knew this would cause us to miss our Via Napoli...she saw my frustration and said she would be right back. She added CL access - huge perk, we skipped Via Napoli, ordered pizza, but having the CL was a nice compromise. We were moved and settled within an hour. The communication issues I had prior to her helping us were not good, but she took care of it from there.
6. Operation Duffy - DS11 wanted a Duffy, huge shortage all week in all the parks and gift shops - they had the outfits, not Duffy. I ask concierge Vicki and Jonathan if they could give me the phone number to BW and I would try there - oh no - they took care of it from here. Called all over property, and found the last few at All Star and Coronado Springs - I didn't have time to get it before Magical Express, so they sent a runner over there and got it and I gave him cash - Duffy delivered 1 hour before departure - NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!!!!!! I told them I was forever grateful because DH loved the lounge and they saved the day - amazing! They were sincerely happy to do this for us, so nice!!! Plus, I don't know what it is, but those are the best hard boiled eggs on the planet!
Overall - excellent visit! I met two disers... Reddy and 1971DBday - this was super! I wrote a mini report on our park experiences on the theme park and attractions board regarding RFID and FP and a few other thoughts.
Have a magical day!