The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports and Plans (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Baseball and Magic! Mar 2014 PTR, Um- make that TWO trips please! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124528)

francis6306 06-09-2013 09:13 PM

Baseball and Magic! Mar 2014 PTR, Um- make that TWO trips please!
 
Just gonna do it… why wait? We all know I'm going to do this anyway… :lmao:

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Christen! I'm thoroughly addicted to Disney, and I have no shame! This will be our THIRD trip as a family!

Dec 2010
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/SAM_1514.jpg

Nov 2012
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/SAM_0090.jpg

And our NEXT trip??

March 2014! :yay:

Wait, you need to know who else you are looking at in those pictures, huh? Okay, well, there is my DH, Corey. He is 34 and is the marching band director at EIU (I'd try and keep that a secret, but we wear EIU gear all the time! You are bound to see it...). We live in the middle of the cornfields in Illinois.

Cortlyn and Catie are my beautiful daughters! Cortlyn is 5 and Catie is 2. They have each been twice- IF you count that first trip when I was pregnant with her in 2010! :rotfl2:

When? Okay, so looks like we'll be there March 9-15. We are going during college spring break! YAY! Mardi Gras will be the week before, and with Easter falling late this year, I'm hoping for a less than crowded spring break trip!! :worship:

francis6306 06-09-2013 09:27 PM

So, a little history… this little obsession started with my best friend Shelley. She is a bit addicted to WDW herself and we decided to go on a trip together back in 2010. It was WONDERFUL and my husband totally understood why I always wanted to go to Disney and I fell head over heels in love with the parks! I figured we'd go in 2010 and then again in several years after we had our baby- that I was 19 weeks pregnant with at the time! I had no idea that we'd end up back there just 2 years later. Of course, on paper, I'm convincing myself that every 2 years is totally reasonable… and forgetting that the MATH says that we're really going to be going twice in 18 months!:rotfl:

This trip happened when we were sitting around and my husband was watching ESPN (And I was writing my last TR I believe…) and he says "Look- the Braves are at Disney NOW for spring training. Why didn't we go at spring break?" :eek: Okay, so… sure. We can go at Spring break…

So, we talked and decided that 2015 would be fine, :idea:BUT if we went in 2014, then Catie would still be free. Would it be crazy to go in 2014? I mean, we JUST went… but she'd be free…… sooo….. Here we are… in the planning stages of a 2014 trip!

And my husband told me that we wouldn't be one of THOSE families that travel to Disney all the time….. :lmao:

jenseib 06-09-2013 09:32 PM

Hoping I am first ...now to go and read!!!!

jenseib 06-09-2013 09:37 PM

Oh what a fool he was thinking that. My husband still thinks that too. :lmao:

francis6306 06-09-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 48638954)
Hoping I am first ...now to go and read!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 48639009)
Oh what a fool he was thinking that. My husband still thinks that too. :lmao:

YAY! :cool1:

Skip needs a dose of reality!! :rotfl: I'll just have it noted for the record that THIS trip was Corey's idea… you know, when he comes back and wants to fuss about this trip! :thumbsup2

jenseib 06-09-2013 09:50 PM

Oh and we are going to miss each other by exactly one week. That sucks ....again.

francis6306 06-09-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 48639111)
Oh and we are going to miss each other by exactly one week. That sucks ....again.

I cannot BELIEVE that we are so close yet so far away yet again! :sad2:

waltsgirl4ever 06-09-2013 11:08 PM

So in! I was debating on joining and making a PTR for my May trip next year but thought it might be too early.. Then I stumbled upon your PTR!So I thought, if she can do it at a little less than a year then why shouldn't I?! :woohoo: Can't wait to read along:)

sbprincess 06-10-2013 07:19 AM

Hello friend! :lovestruc

I was watching the Tony's when you texted me last night. Did you see the Cinderella performance?!?! Sigh...I wish I lived in NYC...or Orlando.

I didn't get a chance to call you yesterday. Why do Sundays always fly by? So, I brought up my idea of Daytona/APs to Brian over dinner on Saturday night. HE DIDN'T SAY NO!!!!! He didn't say yes. I think his exact response was to roll his eyes, smile, and say "we'll see." And then he started reminding me of all of the unknowns. But then we started talking more about the college program. :rolleyes1

So, whether I get to go within the next year or not, I will live vicariously through you!

OH - and I found out yesterday, Lindsay and Anthony are planning to take Hunter to WDW over July 4th weekend. I think it's a horrible idea for several reasons. But we both know my sister...:confused3

mickeystoontown 06-10-2013 07:24 AM

I'm here! Getting ready for work but I'll be back to read the details and will comment more then.

francis6306 06-10-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltsgirl4ever (Post 48639579)
So in! I was debating on joining and making a PTR for my May trip next year but thought it might be too early.. Then I stumbled upon your PTR!So I thought, if she can do it at a little less than a year then why shouldn't I?! :woohoo: Can't wait to read along:)

I figure I actually have some things to "think" about… and trust me- once you join an start writing, it becomes a bit addictive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbprincess (Post 48640769)
Hello friend! :lovestruc

I was watching the Tony's when you texted me last night. Did you see the Cinderella performance?!?! Sigh...I wish I lived in NYC...or Orlando.

I didn't get a chance to call you yesterday. Why do Sundays always fly by? So, I brought up my idea of Daytona/APs to Brian over dinner on Saturday night. HE DIDN'T SAY NO!!!!! He didn't say yes. I think his exact response was to roll his eyes, smile, and say "we'll see." And then he started reminding me of all of the unknowns. But then we started talking more about the college program. :rolleyes1

So, whether I get to go within the next year or not, I will live vicariously through you!

OH - and I found out yesterday, Lindsay and Anthony are planning to take Hunter to WDW over July 4th weekend. I think it's a horrible idea for several reasons. But we both know my sister...:confused3

Hi my best friend!!! He DIDN'T SAY NO!!!!!! :cheer2::dance3::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::d ance3:

I forgot about the Tony's, until they were half over and Corey was watching something else. I could kick myself. I KNEW they were last night too, because I have another Disfriend who is IN NYC right now and posted pictures on FB about it. :rolleyes2 Stupid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoontown (Post 48640795)
I'm here! Getting ready for work but I'll be back to read the details and will comment more then.

Awe! Yay, Lisa! You have are so sweet!

francis6306 06-10-2013 08:46 AM

So, we've settled the whole "when" and "why" part of this trip- Let's discuss the "where"!

So, I have stayed at Pop twice (Both times with my best friend Shelley!) and Art of Animation once. I have a laundry list of Deluxe and Mod resorts that I would LOVE :lovestruc to stay at, but I'm trying to keep this trip on the budget. And you know, we loved Pop. However. My husband is somewhat obsessed about the idea of staying at All Stars Sports. And since we're going for the WHOLE reason of him getting to watch baseball spring training AND this trip WAS his idea. I'm inclined to let him pick. You know… let him be involved and everything, right??? :rolleyes: :scratchin So, I've done some research, and I think that we'll be happy with Football section, Building 10- which is roughly in the same location as our building 10 at Pop that we enjoyed so much. BOY are those All Stars are all laid out crazy! Of course, I KNOW that Pop is technically closer to the ESPN-WWOS area where the ballgames will be played, but I'm trying to let Corey have some ownership…

Unless of course we can get a good discount. Which means that I will really try and push for my Moderate dream of Port Orleans Riverside- Heck, maybe even a Princess Room if I can really push it! :thumbsup2

So, any experience with All Stars Sports is appreciated- of course, GOOD experience! I know that their QS if going through a reno this fall, so hopefully by March, they will have everything done and all the kinks worked out of the new system!

waltsgirl4ever 06-10-2013 10:42 AM

I started my PTR last night, thanks for that little push!:p I stayed at All Star Sports when I was ten..(almost 8 years ago) I loved it! I know they changed I think a bit since then.. But from what I remember it was a really nice place to stay:)

mickeystoontown 06-10-2013 11:15 AM

Okie dokie, I'm back after getting caught up. My sis-in-law and family stayed at Sports (same time as we were at CBR) and they really like it. They are sports fanatics and the theming was wonderful to them. She said that they ran into bus issues twice but, other than that, they enjoyed the resort immensely. We drove over to pick them up one night and it looked cool!

francis6306 06-10-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltsgirl4ever (Post 48642564)
I started my PTR last night, thanks for that little push!:p I stayed at All Star Sports when I was ten..(almost 8 years ago) I loved it! I know they changed I think a bit since then.. But from what I remember it was a really nice place to stay:)

YAY! I will come find your report! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoontown (Post 48642896)
Okie dokie, I'm back after getting caught up. My sis-in-law and family stayed at Sports (same time as we were at CBR) and they really like it. They are sports fanatics and the theming was wonderful to them. She said that they ran into bus issues twice but, other than that, they enjoyed the resort immensely. We drove over to pick them up one night and it looked cool!

Woohoo! Well, the buses are what scare me the most. But I'd prefer riding than dealing with driving… so… I guess that would be the price I pay, right? :confused3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.