The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Refurbished Rooms at the CR (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124360)

closetmickey 06-09-2013 02:58 PM

Refurbished Rooms at the CR
 
Does anyone know if they room refurbishment is complete at the CR? Specifically the garden wing rooms? Thanks!:goodvibes

michygoomy 06-09-2013 03:06 PM

Hmm....we were in a garden wing room a couple of days ago and the furniture/materials were pretty much the same as we had a couple of years ago in the tower room, which was post-refurb. So that was a long way of saying, yes, I think so.

johnsonet 06-09-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closetmickey (Post 48635954)
Does anyone know if they room refurbishment is complete at the CR? Specifically the garden wing rooms? Thanks!:goodvibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by michygoomy (Post 48636007)
Hmm....we were in a garden wing room a couple of days ago and the furniture/materials were pretty much the same as we had a couple of years ago in the tower room, which was post-refurb. So that was a long way of saying, yes, I think so.

There is a rehab going on right now. Some rooms are complete, sounds as though yours was not, michygoomy
Scroll halfway down this page to see the new look:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...fe/#more-11092

ols386 06-09-2013 04:56 PM

Wow, looks nice!

closetmickey 06-09-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonet (Post 48636670)
There is a rehab going on right now. Some rooms are complete, sounds as though yours was not, michygoomy
Scroll halfway down this page to see the new look:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...fe/#more-11092

Might you know when they are scheduled to finish? Thanks!

johnsonet 06-09-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closetmickey (Post 48637021)
Might you know when they are scheduled to finish? Thanks!

The only word I have heard is that all rooms will be done by August, if not sooner :thumbsup2

michygoomy 06-09-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonet (Post 48636670)
There is a rehab going on right now. Some rooms are complete, sounds as though yours was not, michygoomy
Scroll halfway down this page to see the new look:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...fe/#more-11092

OK that's what my room looked like. It seemed to me the same as our
Last trip bit I guess not. The yellow pillows were reallt cute.

I was in 6124 - 1st floor far back building facing the pool. Its one of the odd rooms that has two windows and no daybed. And the storage space is terrible! I wasn't sure if it was just my room because it was odd but that blog seems to indicate its a problem in all the rooms.

johnsonet 06-09-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michygoomy (Post 48638798)
OK that's what my room looked like. It seemed to me the same as our
Last trip bit I guess not. The yellow pillows were reallt cute.

I was in 6124 - 1st floor far back building facing the pool. Its one of the odd rooms that has two windows and no daybed. And the storage space is terrible! I wasn't sure if it was just my room because it was odd but that blog seems to indicate its a problem in all the rooms.

OK, well then good - sounds like the rehab is coming along :)
That's too bad about the storage space.

I just booked a club level room in the tower for one night of my upcoming trip. So excited to stay there. Haven't stayed at CR since 1994 :cool1:

dchi 06-10-2013 07:37 AM

Love the look of the newly redone rooms. Glad they kept the tiles that light up below the TV.

ols386 06-10-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchi (Post 48640868)
Love the look of the newly redone rooms. Glad they kept the tiles that light up below the TV.

I agree. I love those tiles.

closetmickey 06-10-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonet (Post 48637130)
The only word I have heard is that all rooms will be done by August, if not sooner :thumbsup2

Thanks! Our group has 5 rooms there beginning August 21, so fingers crossed!

WisconsinDad 06-10-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closetmickey (Post 48642687)
Thanks! Our group has 5 rooms there beginning August 21, so fingers crossed!

All of the standard rooms (including the GW) are supposed to be completed in early July:

http://www.disneycontemporary.com/co...t-construction

I'll be there in the middle of Aug so I hope this is right!

Scott MC 06-10-2013 04:37 PM

Eeek...am I the only one who hates the rehab? I really loved the last rehab, it was classy...as a very expensive resort should be! The new rooms look tacky as far as I'm concerned. At the moment...I'll be crossing CR off my list.

johnsonet 06-10-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott MC (Post 48646286)
Eeek...am I the only one who hates the rehab? I really loved the last rehab, it was classy...as a very expensive resort should be! The new rooms look tacky as far as I'm concerned. At the moment...I'll be crossing CR off my list.

I'm sure you're not the only one. But I think it looks great!
Can't wait to check it out for myself next week :yay:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.