Disney Dream Sept 1, 2013 FE 2nd Group Opened
THIS GROUP IS CLOSED AND NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE CABINS.
Here is the link for the second FE group!!!! This is an open group, please feel free to join in all the fun!!!
Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 1st - 5th, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org following information:
-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc
-- An email address for your family
-- Favorite Disney Character / Movie
If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.
For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.
Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!
This Group will close on August 4, 2013. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!
Guidelines for our fish extender:
1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.
2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Sunday, September 1st until 4 PM on Wednesday, September 4th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 5th.
3.Please include a tag with your DISboards user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.
Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 4th sign up deadline.
2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.
3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.
4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.
5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.
If anyone have any questions feel free to ask. My name is Cindi. I may not know the answer but Ill try my best to help.
Dis: Lady Duchess
Last Name: Hauge / Nadeau
Names: Cindi-A Anita-A
Character: Cindi-Rafiki Anita-Goofy
**If you feel comfortable you can post here or private email**
Looking forward to a fun group :)
Welcome to the group LenaN4fun :) I received your information. Thank you. I also added to the first thread Favorite Disney Character. Thanks for the idea :)
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!
Can people still sign up for FE? Please add MacDonald family in Gurantee room- TJ boy 8, and parents Sonya and Lewis.
We just joined this cruise and I was worried I would miss the FE cut-off.
Cabin: still to come
Family: Me (Meg); DH (Geoff); Lexi (8, loves Tinkerbell); Spike (5, loves Monsters Inc. and Lightning McQueen)
We love our FE and are so excited to participate!
Hi, everyone! I have just booked this cruise, and I am so looking forward to it!
I would love to join the FE group.
Last Name: Wolfie
Susie--Goofy(adult female), DS Chris--Rafiki (adult male)
I look forward to getting to know you.
New to cruisin
I just home today from my first Disney cruise and my friend told me about FE and how to get involved for our next cruise. We just confirmed the booking today and looking forward to cruising again!
disname - slmacdonald10
Room - GTY
names - Sonya (me) - Pooh, Lewis (hubby) - Goofy, TJ (8 yr boy) - Mickey, Stitch and Chip & Dale
Family - MacDonald
email - won't let me add....
I look forward to all the fun!!!
Disney Dream - 40th Birthday Cruise - June 16, 2013
Hopefully we will be sailing with you guys! Excited!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.