The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chef Mickeys or Cape May - Breakfast (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122980)

danjoan14 06-06-2013 01:11 PM

Chef Mickeys or Cape May - Breakfast

We're traveling with our neighbors in August and staying at POR with the Disney Dinning. We have two reservations for breakfast, but was planning on keeping only one. Looking for some feedback for Chef Mickeys vs. Cape May for breakfast. :coffee:

Wood Nymph 06-06-2013 01:19 PM

Cape May is really nice. The characters are fun, the food is good, and the atmosphere is relaxing. I would choose this one over Chef Mickey any day.
:thumbsup2

ThumpersWorld 06-06-2013 03:43 PM

My vote would be for Cape May. Better food and more relaxing. Seeing the characters in beach attire is really fun...just keep in mind that Mickey is not at the Cape May breakfast, only Chef Mickey.

tb1972 06-06-2013 04:09 PM

Between the two, I'd go with Cape May. Although I prefer Tusker House and Crystal Palace over Cape May.

PrincessSamanthaC 06-07-2013 03:42 PM

I agree, I without a doubt would chose Cape May over Chef Mickeys any day. Better food, Nicer atmosphere IMO.

DWillowBay 06-07-2013 03:52 PM

We have decided to do both on our upcoming trip. Chef Mickey's on our first morning and Cape May on our last morning. Nice way to start and end with "the gang". :grouphug:

jwfla422 06-07-2013 04:00 PM

We prefer Cape May much more because of food quality, comfort and even though there aren't as many characters they spend the time with you.

We were just there last month and had an excellent breakfast. Feel free to take a photographic tour of the buffet and and check out our breakfast experience.:thumbsup2

Our Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast Experience

Arthur92 06-07-2013 04:03 PM

Cape May hands down for me, but if I could do both in one trip Why Not go for it.

goofyintoronto 06-07-2013 04:08 PM

Yup this is me. Exactly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tb1972
Between the two, I'd go with Cape May. Although I prefer Tusker House and Crystal Palace over Cape May.

And this!
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessSamanthaC
I agree, I without a doubt would chose Cape May over Chef Mickeys any day. Better food, Nicer atmosphere IMO.

mickeynut1 06-07-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjoan14 (Post 48609971)
We're traveling with our neighbors in August and staying at POR with the Disney Dinning. We have two reservations for breakfast, but was planning on keeping only one. Looking for some feedback for Chef Mickeys vs. Cape May for breakfast. :coffee:

Cape May would be my choice. We like both, but Cape May is our favorite :goodvibes.

danjoan14 06-21-2013 10:03 AM

Wow, great photos and review. Thanks so much. We do have a ressie for Cape May. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwfla422 (Post 48621180)
We prefer Cape May much more because of food quality, comfort and even though there aren't as many characters they spend the time with you.

We were just there last month and had an excellent breakfast. Feel free to take a photographic tour of the buffet and and check out our breakfast experience.:thumbsup2

Our Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast Experience

cmorris303 06-21-2013 06:54 PM

We did both breakfasts on our last trip. The adults all seemed to like Cape May better. As OP have said, it's a more relaxed atmosphere. The food was good and so was the character interaction was very good. However, my two children LOVED Chef Mickey's. They loved seeing all of the Mickey characters there and in their classic outfits (even with the chef's clothes on top). This was by far their favorite breakfast!