The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What Mods have been upgraded recently? Your pick of the best? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122553)

DisneyLvr55 06-05-2013 02:56 PM

What Mods have been upgraded recently? Your pick of the best?
 
Heres the deal...

We are booked for the LM rooms at AoA from 10-25 - 11-2. If free dining is offered, even if I got my own special PIN (which I have never gotten, thanks for nuttin Disney!! ;)) I won't be able to use it. Personally, I'd be willing to switch resorts to get the free dining, but DH isn't on board with that idea. He would rather stay at AoA because its the newest. So I'm trying to find out if there are "new" i.e. re-vamped MODs or Vaules out there that he may be down with us switching to, in order to get the FD.

If your at a MOD, do you get the DDP or the QS plan for free??

We stayed at POFQ back in 2008/2009 and he felt that the rooms were "less than anything special" and I know they had been recently redone at that point. So needless to say, they are out of the question on this trip (though I'd stay there again since I loved being able to take the boat to DtD, and I thought the grounds were beautiful.)

Anyway.... Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!! :cool1:

Patience 06-05-2013 03:09 PM

We were originally booked at AoA in a Little Mermaid room for September but when free dining was offered, we switched to a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside. Those rooms were re-done about a year ago as far as I know. We received free DDP and our package at POR is costing us less than our package at AoA. It didn't save us a ton of money (a little over $100) but that is because we had booked DDP with our former AoA package. I'm excited to try a Royal Room and I hope our room is as nice as those rooms look in pictures.

DisneyLvr55 06-05-2013 03:22 PM

I just emailed my TA, and asked her for a new quote. If we stayed at Caribean Beach and got free dining, we would save almost $800 for our family of 4.

Does that seem possible?? I know we will be getting free dining, but we will also get upgrading from a value to a mod. Do you think someone forgot to carry the 1 or something, or does that seem right? If we could save that much, I'd switch in a New York minute!!!

DisneyDmbNut 06-05-2013 03:29 PM

POR was just upgraded..so was CSR. I really liked the new CSR..pretty but my DD liked the very subtle Princess and the Frog theme in POR mansions. I think it was just finished this spring

DisneyDmbNut 06-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 (Post 48601356)
I just emailed my TA, and asked her for a new quote. If we stayed at Caribean Beach and got free dining, we would save almost $800 for our family of 4.

Does that seem possible?? I know we will be getting free dining, but we will also get upgrading from a value to a mod. Do you think someone forgot to carry the 1 or something, or does that seem right? If we could save that much, I'd switch in a New York minute!!!

I think AOA, while a value resort is more because they are suites, right?

DisneyLvr55 06-05-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut (Post 48601438)
I think AOA, while a value resort is more because they are suites, right?


There are suites in AoA, but we are in the Little Mermaid rooms. The suites are EVEN MORE than the rooms! lol

WisconsinDad 06-05-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 (Post 48601090)
Heres the deal...

We are booked for the LM rooms at AoA from 10-25 - 11-2. If free dining is offered, even if I got my own special PIN (which I have never gotten, thanks for nuttin Disney!! ;)) I won't be able to use it. Personally, I'd be willing to switch resorts to get the free dining, but DH isn't on board with that idea. He would rather stay at AoA because its the newest. So I'm trying to find out if there are "new" i.e. re-vamped MODs or Vaules out there that he may be down with us switching to, in order to get the FD.

If your at a MOD, do you get the DDP or the QS plan for free??

We stayed at POFQ back in 2008/2009 and he felt that the rooms were "less than anything special" and I know they had been recently redone at that point. So needless to say, they are out of the question on this trip (though I'd stay there again since I loved being able to take the boat to DtD, and I thought the grounds were beautiful.)

Anyway.... Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!! :cool1:

When FD is offered you get the QSDP with value resorts and DDP with all other resorts (including mods). As I believe a PP said, POR completed a rehab last year (which include adding queen beds in all rooms). I haven't stayed there though.

I did stay at CSR in 2011 (upgraded from POP to CSR get DDP as opposed to QSDP) and we were very happy with it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.