Beach Club or a FW Cabin - Which One Would YOU Choose?
Background: We originally had a reservation at CR for 9/14 through 9/24. However, due to DH's work schedule changing, we're unable to go to the beach this month like we normally do. So, we decided to combine our Disney trip w/ a beach trip & change resorts. Now our plan is to be on the beach from 9/14 through 9/17, leave the beach early morning on 9/18, & arrive at our Disney resort on 9/18 sometime around 9ish to check-in & then go to a park. We'll leave WDW on 9/24, as originally planned.
9/14 - 9/17 - St. Augustine
9/18 - 9/24 - WDW
We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin. DH has been leaning toward FW, while I've been leaning toward the Beach Club. We talked some more this morning, & I think we decided on the BC. So I emailed our AAA agent to change our reservation to BC. However, she hasn't emailed me back yet, and I'm already second-guessing myself.
Here are my Pros/Cons for the Beach Club:
* Walk to EPCOT
* Stormalong Bay
* Always wanted to try an EPCOT resort
* No internal buses
* Since the beginning of our trip is in St. Augustine, we're kinda continuing the beach theme of the trip
* Instead of Chef Mickey's, we could try Cape May Café character breakfast - a new experience for us
* With gardenview, our view may or may not be nice
* Some rooms at Beach Club just have Juliet balconies
* Our room could be pretty far away from everything
* Bus to MK, so you're w/ the masses at the bus station at the MK after Wishes
* Not a very good quick-service
* Will never need to ride the monorail
Here are my Pros/Cons for FW:
* Boat to MK (although it can be a lengthy boat ride)
* Boat dock is straight in front of the MK
* Campground atmosphere is peaceful & rustic kinda like a step back in time
* Car is right by our cabin for driving purposes to EPCOT, DHS, & AK
* Nightly Electric Boat Parade
* We're still at a MK resort
* Would probably schedule Hoop Dee Doo - which has been on our Disney "to do" list for several years
* Can take the boat to Chef Mickeys & then monorail to EPCOT
* Internal buses
* Slow boat ride
* No quick-service
* In a cabin, you're kinda away from the Disney hustle & bustle so you lose a little of the atmosphere
* Every time we ride the boat, we see the Contemporary, our favorite resort - might make us wish we were there...
So, w/ the above noted, for me, the 2 main advantages to FW are (1) boat dock at the MK & (2) lower price; the main disadvantage is the internal bus.
The 2 main advantages to Beach Club are (1) it's a deluxe resort w/ beachy theme-ing & (2) walk to EPCOT; the main disadvantage is the bus station at the MK after Wishes.
In our previous visits, we've stayed at the CR, FW, & the WL, so this would be our first time not staying at a MK area resort. I'm afraid we might miss the MK area, but, again, we've talked several times about staying at an EPCOT resort. DH really likes the Boardwalk area in the evenings; however, he also likes the Electric Boat Parade.
Again, I've emailed our AAA agent to tell her we want BC. But, now, I'm wondering if we made the right choice.
Did I make the right choice w/ the Beach Club, or should we switch to a FW cabin?
BC, no doubt! :goodvibes You can still see the EWP and schedule Hoop Dee Doo if you are interested in those things. But as far as comparing the two resorts there really is no comparison. BC is amazing! :cloud9:
BC for the pool, the location and the nice room decor. :goodvibes
LOVE Epcot Area resorts! Pick the BC!!!!
Two advantages you missed:
The Boardwalk - it is so nice to walk around and see the evening entertainment, ride surrey bikes -super quick walk over
Beaches & Cream! - No way Jose! Best sundae ever!
Easy choice. Beach Club. The internal bus system at FW is a headache. If you like the "woodsy" theme, go for the WL and you will still all the advantages of an MK resort. But the Beach Club is awesome, and Stormalong Bay the best resort pool on property.
Even though we are staying at the FW Cabins in October, based on what you have told us I would still choose Beach Club:goodvibes Good choice and don't 2nd guess yourself.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.