The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rewards Programs (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Urgent" Disney Visa Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3120842)

lovetotraveltx 06-02-2013 02:03 PM

"Urgent" Disney Visa Question

If I pay for my entire cruise vacation using my Disney Visa do I get 2% of the total back or is there some kind of cap.

Need to book tomorrow so appreciate some quick help!

Thank you!

Scoobydoo76 06-03-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx (Post 48570674)
If I pay for my entire cruise vacation using my Disney Visa do I get 2% of the total back or is there some kind of cap.

Need to book tomorrow so appreciate some quick help!

Thank you!

As far as I know there is no cap. Years ago there use to be a cap with the original Visa Rewards Card but it was removed a while back. I always pay for our cruises using our rewards cards and have always received the appropriate reward points. We now get 2% with the new card.

starwood 06-04-2013 11:16 AM

You don't need to pay more than the deposit when you book. I always pay my deposit and pay it off in 6 months interest free and then a few weeks before the final payment is due I pay the rest and pay that off in 6 months.

princessnpirate 06-28-2013 08:03 AM

If you use the card onboard to pay for the expenses on a cruise is that eligible for 6 months 0% interest as well?

JohnThomson 07-02-2013 01:25 AM

No need to pay extra bucks. But I don't think they offer 2% off on the total sum. Utmost you can have a transaction with 0% interest. That's all.

darkwing818 07-03-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwood (Post 48588425)
You don't need to pay more than the deposit when you book. I always pay my deposit and pay it off in 6 months interest free and then a few weeks before the final payment is due I pay the rest and pay that off in 6 months.

This is what we do..... :thumbsup2

Bayoumama 07-31-2013 10:24 AM

What about the 6 months 0% interest on a package for the parks - not the cruise. We are planning to go to the parks December 2014. I wanted to book it right now so I would at least have it reserved but not start the 6 months 0% interest till about September 2014. Can I use the card to book it now to reserve (which if I remember reading correctly they would just charge you $200 or $250?) and then call back in September 2014 to get the "package" and then the 6 months would start to pay it off with 0% interest? What is everyone's experience with the best way to do this so I can have the reservation now but not start the 0% interest till September?

We are going early December (the week right after Thanksgiving) so I think it is a low crowd time?

Bayoumama 08-01-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayoumama (Post 49133703)
What about the 6 months 0% interest on a package for the parks - not the cruise. We are planning to go to the parks December 2014. I wanted to book it right now so I would at least have it reserved but not start the 6 months 0% interest till about September 2014. Can I use the card to book it now to reserve (which if I remember reading correctly they would just charge you $200 or $250?) and then call back in September 2014 to get the "package" and then the 6 months would start to pay it off with 0% interest? What is everyone's experience with the best way to do this so I can have the reservation now but not start the 0% interest till September?

We are going early December (the week right after Thanksgiving) so I think it is a low crowd time?

:confused: ha nevermind, I called the reservation center and she explained it to me.....just booked and will wait till September to pay in full. This is a pretty good perk !!!!:cloud9:

Wendy&Grumpy 08-20-2013 11:58 AM

Reading through these Visa threads brought a question to mind - is the $49 fee for the Premier card considered a "Disney" purchase or an "other" purchase?

When we pay our annual fee, do we get 2% rewards or 1%? :confused3 :scratchin

canyoncam 08-21-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy (Post 49338009)
Reading through these Visa threads brought a question to mind - is the $49 fee for the Premier card considered a "Disney" purchase or an "other" purchase?

When we pay our annual fee, do we get 2% rewards or 1%? :confused3 :scratchin

It is a fee. Not a purchase. You get nothing.

Wendy&Grumpy 08-22-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canyoncam (Post 49352442)
It is a fee. Not a purchase. You get nothing.

Phooey!