The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   the HOT Now Sign is always on DCL (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3120047)

huffjoann 05-31-2013 07:42 PM

the HOT Now Sign is always on DCL

Was pleasantly surprised to see that they were using Krispy Kreme donuts on the cruise. I guess they keep them in the cooler or freezer til needed cause they were always cold. Not quite as good as hot from the glazer, but a li piece of pixiedust:home!

Kimmiebr80 05-31-2013 07:50 PM

They are awesome on the first day and get progressively worse as the sailing progresses! They store them in the box because on the final day of our 7 day cruise they were stocking from it, and you could definitely tell they were not fresh, lol. Still a good quality product that we love!!!

Spwhoney 05-31-2013 07:58 PM

Krispy Kream are peanut free. Yeh, for my PA DS.:cool1:

Lauriejl2 05-31-2013 08:15 PM

Are they the doughnuts you get if u order room service or are they on the buffet?

huffjoann 05-31-2013 08:42 PM

they are on the cabanas & EG breakfast buffet, not sure if they are the same ones for room service

cris0809 05-31-2013 09:17 PM

They are the same all over the ship as far as I can tell.

Always look tasty and then after having one remind myself why I don't pick them up more often. They are disappointing at best. Generally still cold from being thawed, texture is way off. There are lots of more appetizing ways of getting sugar in my system. :rotfl2:

Cruisefan2 05-31-2013 09:55 PM

Is this true for euro cruises as well?

VAB2013 05-31-2013 10:53 PM

We were on the Dream earlier this month and the room service donuts were also Krispy Kreme. The donuts on our ship were still tasty everyday. We had way too many of them!

OrangeCountyCommuter 05-31-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huffjoann (Post 48557006)
Was pleasantly surprised to see that they were using Krispy Kreme donuts on the cruise. I guess they keep them in the cooler or freezer til needed cause they were always cold. Not quite as good as hot from the glazer, but a li piece of pixiedust:home!

Sorry, but a reheated days old donut is not the HOT sign, it is just that

Since I live in Georgia where I can get the real thing these are not worth the calories.

And to all cruisers, if this is the only time you ever eat Krispy Kreme, I am sorry, they are much better then this in the real world

samily 06-01-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauriejl2 (Post 48557251)
Are they the doughnuts you get if u order room service or are they on the buffet?

Yes, you can also get them from room service.

Luv2Diz 06-01-2013 09:29 AM

The nearest Krispy Kreme to us is about 50 miles away, so we don't get there often. Last time we went, I was surprised at how expensive they had gotten.

So, for us, having a Krispy Kreme on the ship is a treat. No, they aren't the same as fresh from the shop, especially later in the cruise when the frosting is getting a little gooey :rolleyes2 but we still enjoy 'em!

cyclenut 06-02-2013 10:34 AM

I thought they were awful. I like Krispy Kreme. Just had some yesterday. The donuts sweat as they warm back up and didn't taste good at all. Some we had were actually still a little frozen. Hard, cold and barely resembling a Krispy Kreme. I'm glad you enjoyed them. They were so bad on our first DCL cruise it was one of the things I took the time to complain about to Guest Services. I couldn't believe DCL would even go to the trouble given what we ended up with.

dta87 06-02-2013 10:48 AM

These are some of my favorite items from the breakfast buffet (even not fresh/hot). I knew the flavor was familiar but I was not sure they were KK but then I saw the crew members stocking the buffet from the box multiple cruises ago which confirmed it.

tvguy 06-02-2013 12:08 PM

Actually, we were kind of surprised they didn't make their own donuts on board. Other cruise lines do that.

Never understood the Krispy Kreme draw. All 4 Krispy Kremes in our area when belly up, although 1 new one has opened this year. We just have too many individually owned donut shops here that offer very good if not better donuts for $2-3 a dozen less. Dunkin Donuts flopped here too.

Lauriejl2 06-02-2013 01:33 PM

All the KK in Buffalo went out of business too which is kind of surprising given the fact when each location opened there was a line of cars stretching around the building constantly but guess the fad wore off we have Tim Hortons around here and they are very popular not so much for doughnuts as coffee though. I used to enjoy a fresh HOT KK when they were open though. I see boxes of them at grocery stores and can easily pass them up its just not the same if not fresh!