The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   DDP Expiration (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118806)

mich723 05-29-2013 10:06 AM

DDP Expiration

I have a questiion about the dining plan. My friend and I will be staying at Disney for 7 days, 6 nights. We chose to get the dining plan with our package stay.

I noticed Disney says: All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort Refillable Mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.

Now on our checkout date, we have an afternoon flight. We'll be grabbing breakfast in MK before we leave. Now is my dining package expired on my checkout date? So if I have a table service left over on my last day I won't be able to use it?

I just wanted to make sure of the information, so I can plan accordingly.

gincz24 05-29-2013 10:10 AM

Your ddp should be good till midnight on the day you check out. So it won't expire until midnight on day 7. So your breakfast should be ok as ling as you haven't used all your table service meals.

bdklein 05-29-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mich723 (Post 48532243)
I have a questiion about the dining plan. My friend and I will be staying at Disney for 7 days, 6 nights. We chose to get the dining plan with our package stay.

I noticed Disney says: All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort Refillable Mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.

Now on our checkout date, we have an afternoon flight. We'll be grabbing breakfast in MK before we leave. Now is my dining package expired on my checkout date? So if I have a table service left over on my last day I won't be able to use it?

You will get 1 TS and 1 CS and 1 Snack for each night (not the number of days) for each person. So in your case 6 of each per person.

All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort Refillable Mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.

smiths02 05-29-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mich723 (Post 48532243)

Midnight on your checkout date means the midnight that occurs AFTER you checkout not before.

So if I checked out today May 29th at 11 am (which is standard check out time), I would then still have until midnight tonight (another 13 hours from checkout) to use my credits

figment_jii 05-29-2013 03:08 PM

As others have said, your credits will remain valid until the end of the day you check out. To help, I usually think of it as "11:59 pm" on the day you check out because midnight sometimes means the end of a day or the start of the day depending on the person.

You will get all of the credits allocated on the first day. So let's say there are two of you on the regular DDP. You'll have 12 TS, 12 QS, 12 snacks, and 2 refillable mugs allotted to you when you check in. You can use them in any combination you want (i.e., if you wanted to have two TS meals in one day, you can do that). In other words, you do not have to have 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack per day if you didn't want to. Have fun!