The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cant decide on month.... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118278)

osugal 05-28-2013 10:57 AM

Cant decide on month....

We typically go in September. We aren't going this year. We just wanted a relaxing beach vacation so we are going back to WDW in 2014. I'm thinking of trying February next year. We don't want to go in summer or around the holidays because of the crowds. I partially want to try February just because it will be almost half a year earlier. But we really like September so I don't want to be disappointed. Would we be able to swim comfortably?

Those who have gone in February....what's it like?

Thanks!

BringingUpDisney 05-28-2013 11:38 AM

You might want to check this thread it is all about swimming in February. :thumbsup2

GaSleepingBeautyFan 05-28-2013 01:08 PM

The one time I took my DS at the end of February it was too cold for us to go swimming.

It was highs in the 50's. Lows in the 40's if I remember correctly. For us Georgia folks that is too cold but for my relatives in MN that could be a heat wave. :rotfl:

herb102211 05-28-2013 01:18 PM

We've been twice in February, most recently this year. We found it way too chilly to swim and we're from up North! I remember the WP being closed one day because it was that cold. Other than not being able to swim, we find the end of February to be a great time to go. The crowds are low, and the weather during the day is nice (low to mid 70's). Personally our favorite time of the year to go is end of October/beginning of November, but the end of February is great too!

TJA 05-28-2013 01:35 PM

We've been once in February and it was very chilly for us. We had to buy winter hats for our little ones (toddlers at the time....). But I also know a family who lucked out and went during February and it was in the 70's every day. I don't think that's very common, though.

Beware that a lot of schools are on split break and do break for one week in February.

Before my kids became school aged, we loved going to Disney in May and September. Since September is out for you, consider trying May. Just not during the Star Wars time frame, from what I hear, it's pretty crowded. We used to go in very early May and found the crowds manageable and the weather gorgeous. Flower and garden festival in Epcot was going on too, I believe, so it was really colorful, sunny, and pretty.

pamkat1820 05-28-2013 02:29 PM

I agree feb might too cold for swimming. We went mid April last year and the night were too chilly for swimming. During the day it was very comfortable for the parks. I would wait it out til April or wait until sept.

osugal 05-28-2013 05:48 PM

Thanks everyone! Good information.

dizneekrazee 05-28-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney (Post 48522949)
You might want to check this thread it is all about swimming in February. :thumbsup2

Hehe, that's my thread!! :)

yaddakal 05-29-2013 06:36 AM

Freezing when we went the last week in February 2010. Just went in may, much nicer! Although feb was dead. So if you can wear jeans and sweatshirts and not swim feb is easy.
Myself, I like to wear shorts and swim so unless we go for Christmas someday, I will always go in hot weather.

darkwing818 05-29-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaddakal (Post 48530508)
Freezing when we went the last week in February 2010. Just went in may, much nicer! Although feb was dead. So if you can wear jeans and sweatshirts and not swim feb is easy.
Myself, I like to wear shorts and swim so unless we go for Christmas someday, I will always go in hot weather.

Agree we went in February a few years back & it was just as noted above, it was sunny high 60s-low 70s during the day. May is awesome. :cool1: