The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Free Dining date extension??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118164)

ldhr2005 05-28-2013 07:20 AM

Free Dining date extension???
 
I know that the current promotion goes until 9/25...has anyone heard anything further about it getting extended into October as it did last year? Truly, my dates are already set- but FD may make the difference about whether or not we stay OP and venture off for the first time. The kids are getting bigger, and the allure of having more space is getting more and more. Just was curious!:scratchin

Cafeen 05-28-2013 08:38 AM

There have been PINs that have gone out with later dates (they should be posted on here somewhere, or someone following me will go ahead and post them for me like the good little minion...erm...disboarder they are), but other than that, nothing certain. I know that my brother is looking for it for our mid-Oct trip (room discounts work out better for me being solo).

scard192 05-28-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cafeen (Post 48521306)
There have been PINs that have gone out with later dates (they should be posted on here somewhere, or someone following me will go ahead and post them for me like the good little minion...erm...disboarder they are), but other than that, nothing certain. I know that my brother is looking for it for our mid-Oct trip (room discounts work out better for me being solo).

A batch of PINs for FD were sent out on May 9th; the dates were:

For arrivals most nights 8/2510/2/13,
10/1810/31/13, 11/1111/23/13,
11/3012/4/13 and 12/1512/22/13.

Book by 8/14/13.

smitch425 05-28-2013 08:51 AM

Public offers for October-December are not typically released until July, sometimes August.

sugarlens 05-30-2013 10:41 AM

Can someone tell me what are PINs?

We are planning a late-Oct trip and would love to have FD.

smitch425 05-30-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarlens (Post 48542877)
Can someone tell me what are PINs?

We are planning a late-Oct trip and would love to have FD.

PINs are discounts that are sent via email or snail mail to a specific name/home address. They can only be used by the person who is listed on the PIN (though some have had luck using one addressed to a family member under special circumstances). You can also call Disney directly at 1 (407)-W-DISNEY and ask if there are any PINs associated with your account. Good luck! :goodvibes

sugarlens 05-30-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitch425 (Post 48542944)
PINs are discounts that are sent via email or snail mail to a specific name/home address. They can only be used by the person who is listed on the PIN (though some have had luck using one addressed to a family member under special circumstances). You can also call Disney directly at 1 (407)-W-DISNEY and ask if there are any PINs associated with your account. Good luck! :goodvibes

Thank you, this is very helpful.

Is it worth calling everyday to see if there are PINs associated with my account or is it a "mass" thing where they give out the PINs once every so often? I am reading the other threads and it looks like lots of people received their PINs (via email) on the same day.

smitch425 05-30-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarlens (Post 48543212)
Thank you, this is very helpful.

Is it worth calling everyday to see if there are PINs associated with my account or is it a "mass" thing where they give out the PINs once every so often? I am reading the other threads and it looks like lots of people received their PINs (via email) on the same day.

They come out in waves, but each wave takes a few days to come out. For example, if the first wave is released on January 1, people may get emails from Jan. 1-3. The next wave may hit three weeks later with people getting emails Jan. 22-24. I didn't get the current FD PIN in the first wave, but I called and had it yesterday. I still haven't gotten the actual PIN via email yet. When I got the room discount PIN for this summer, I received the email two days after people first started reporting it here on the Dis.

sugarlens 05-30-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitch425 (Post 48543289)
They come out in waves, but each wave takes a few days to come out. For example, if the first wave is released on January 1, people may get emails from Jan. 1-3. The next wave may hit three weeks later with people getting emails Jan. 22-24. I didn't get the current FD PIN in the first wave, but I called and had it yesterday. I still haven't gotten the actual PIN via email yet. When I got the room discount PIN for this summer, I received the email two days after people first started reporting it here on the Dis.

Thank you! Planning on calling them everyday then!

Either way, we are going to celebrate my son's birthday, but it would be nice to have FD.

kaytieeldr 05-31-2013 03:51 PM

It's really not necessary to call every day. If there's not a PIN associated with your name June 2, calling June 3 or 4 isn't going to speed up the process. PINs are generally marketed to people who haven't been, or haven't been for a while, or ordered a planning kit, or are chosen entirely at random...

Point is, once a week or a couple of times a month should be plenty.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.