The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best counter service at Hollywood Studios? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3117742)

mrudman 05-27-2013 12:05 PM

Best counter service at Hollywood Studios?

I made all my ADR's for lunches this morning (got just what I wanted, including CRT for my younger dd's b-day :cool1:).

We're planning on eating at counter service places for dinner.. for Epcot, MK, and AK there seems to be a good variety, and pretty well know where I'd like to eat.

But at HS, it seems as if there's nothing that great there based on the menus I've found... what CS place would you recommend?

Thanks!

melissafox18 05-27-2013 02:38 PM

Not a huge fan of any of the CS options, but we stop at Starring Rolls for a cupcake and some coffee as a snack. There are some good soft pretzel carts around as well. We always skip over to Epcot or Boardwalk area for lunch and a park break.

ses1230 05-27-2013 03:07 PM

Starring Rolls for a sandwich and cupcake, it is only open during lunch hours, though.

bigbabyblues 05-27-2013 03:10 PM

I liked the chicken at Fairfax Fare.

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u 05-27-2013 03:15 PM

Starring Rolls for sushi and a cupcake. Great lunch!

tarheelmjfan 05-27-2013 03:36 PM

I would consider changing to a dinner ADR at DHS & eating at Starring Rolls for lunch. DHS counter service is extremely lacking. Our favorite by far is SR. As has been noted, it closes too early for dinner. If you absolutely don't want a dinner ADR, I would avoid ABC Commissary. IMO, it's the worst CS location at WDW.

eddiemcgarrigle 05-27-2013 03:40 PM

Starring Rolls without a doubt. Sandwich, fruit, cake and drink. Superb.

Belleandtinker 05-27-2013 04:03 PM

ABC Commissary is our family favorite. Everyone likes the food. The TV relaxes the DS. The AC and close restrooms allow us to completely rest before going out for a second round.

tinkerhon 05-27-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belleandtinker (Post 48515150)
ABC Commissary is our family favorite. Everyone likes the food. The TV relaxes the DS. The AC and close restrooms allow us to completely rest before going out for a second round.

We enjoy "ABC" as well--- (gets a bad rap on the boards too)---

Just avoid the "classic lunch hours"--- tends to get VERY crowded !!!

Julie711 05-27-2013 04:51 PM

I like Cantina Eddies ( hot Italian sandwich) & also like Backlot Express

emmababy 05-28-2013 01:47 PM

Hubby really wants to try the Mac n Cheese hot dog! I believe at Catalina Eddies..

#1DopeyFan 05-28-2013 03:59 PM

We almost always opt for Pizza Planet for CS while at HS, we've never found much else that appeals to us. Although this last trip we did find the "Power Pack" kids meal to be the best we'd found for DS so far, it had yogurt, carrots, goldfish, string cheese and cookie, it was great.

troll buster 05-28-2013 04:43 PM

Pizza Planet!

JimmyV 05-28-2013 05:19 PM

When this question is asked of Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree always comes out as the prohibitive favorite. See here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118291

Fairfax Fare serves many of the same items, yet gets little love here. Granted, the setting of Flame Tree is far superior to Fairfax, but the food has far more similarities than it does differences. So it stands to reason that if people "love" Flame Tree, they should at least find Fairfax to be pretty good, which is all it would take to jump to the head of the DHS class.

Ivysaur 05-28-2013 05:22 PM

We like Backlot Express because there's enough seating even at peak times, and the food is hot and fresh. Good chicken nuggets and grilled veggie sandwich. Starring Rolls has the best dessert choices, but you're pretty much limited to a cold cut sandwich for your entree, and there isn't a lot of seating (and it's all outdoors).