The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lost memory card (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3117383)

Fantasy2013 05-26-2013 04:57 PM

Lost memory card

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. The trip was a dream come true. While on a tour in St. Maarten my memory card in my camera became full but we found an electronics store in Marigot and bought a new one. I put the used one in my container that held money and our IDs and didn't think about it again. While unpacking this morning I realized that the memory card was missing. Obviously I was extremely upset. I called DCL who gave me the phone number for Lost and Found. The person I spoke with didn't think they had it but said she'd check and call me back. About 1/2 hour later I got the phone call it was found on the pier in St Maarten. It must have fallen out when I took money out to buy a souvenir or to take our IDs out. I am so thankful. Pixie dust definitely was good to us. But seriously, if the person who found it and turned it in reads the DISboards, THANK YOU!!!! I am extremely grateful.

Luv2Diz 05-26-2013 05:11 PM

This is great....happy to hear that it was found for you! :)

vcunning 05-26-2013 05:25 PM

Glad you found it. I recently learned a trick (might have even been on these boards). I take the first picture with my name, cell phone and email address and then lock it so it can't be deleted. Kinda just in case I lose the camera or card and somebody honest wants to return it.

lbgraves 05-26-2013 05:48 PM

WOW! That was very lucky that it was returned to the right ship's lost & found. Maybe they put in in their camera and saw pictures from onboard. So happy for you! I know that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you think you have lost all your photos. In 2008 I thought that we had lost an 8GB SD card from the first two weeks of our trip to DL & the PC repo. I switched it out the morning we docked in Cartagena. I put the first card in the top drawer next to the closet like I always do with navigators, etc from the cruise. I left that drawer to pack after TWMA the last night, but when I got back to the room it was already empty because DH got a little anxious about us not being packed up. Of course I had no idea what became of the SD card and thought that it went in the camera bag. When we got home I couldn't find it and DH said he hadn't seen it. I called and talked to DCL L&F then set out to collect images from other DISers from the first part of our cruise, sick of our one trip to DL & Universal CA being lost. A month later I went through the suitcases in the extra room before putting them in the attic. I found a bunch of streamers from the shows in the front zippered pocket of one. In one handful of confetti was the SD card!

PrettyPrincessJen 05-26-2013 07:08 PM

I'm so glad your card was found!! We were on the same cruise and it was very magical.

noahdove 05-26-2013 07:55 PM

Amen to the honest person who turned it in...God Bless them:)

Carrie in AZ 05-26-2013 08:15 PM

Now THAT is some amazing magical pixie dust!! As I was reading I thought to myself "chances are slim on getting that back" and then kept reading to your great news!!!! HOORAY!!!! I could not be happier for you!!!! Sooo glad you posted. :)

TLSnell1981 05-26-2013 08:16 PM

Wow! :cool1:

ZFamily97 05-26-2013 11:53 PM

Our family actually found a blue memory card in St. Marteen that we turned in to Guest Services. Was it yours?

noahdove 05-27-2013 11:09 AM

Oh my goodness, if so ZFamily97, if you are the finders, then God placed you in their path....He is amazing...

Fantasy2013 05-27-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFamily97 (Post 48510415)
Our family actually found a blue memory card in St. Marteen that we turned in to Guest Services. Was it yours?

I think so! It was blue! Thank you so much for turning it in. It's nice to know that there are nice, honest people who do the right thing. I am so happy you read these boards so I can express my gratitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

TwinPrincessMermaids 05-27-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFamily97

How did u know which ship it belonged to?

PrettyPrincessJen 05-27-2013 01:35 PM

We were the only ship in port at St. Martin that day. ; )

caribbeandreaming 05-27-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids (Post 48513547)
How did u know which ship it belonged to?

I'm guessing they were the only ship in port that day - that was the case with us on the 5/4 Eastern.

lbgraves 05-27-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen (Post 48513990)
We were the only ship in port at St. Martin that day. ; )

Well that made it easy! Thank goodness!!! :thumbsup2