The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AAA has been a real disappointment, what to do? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3115079)

Disneyhenry 05-21-2013 06:11 PM

AAA has been a real disappointment, what to do?
 
I usually book my own packages trough Disney Travel. I am a AAA member. and when I saw all the perks for booking through AAA in the month of May, well I booked through them. My sis who usually does the same thing as me booked with them also. I also talked my boss into using them for her trip to DLR in August where she will be taking all her grandkids. Then there is my other sister who wants to use AAA and join us on the trip.

Now the problem is - I called them last Wed with all the info, names dates and everything that we wanted, told the gal we would be in on Friday. Well we went in and nothing was ready, so it took us over 2 hours to book everything, we asked her to email me everything so our other sister can get the same thing (she lives in another city), we left our CC with her to charge a hefty amount of the package.

Well here we are on Tuesday, nothing has been charged and still no email on what our package, and she is not returning my calls.
I have never used a travel agent before and now
it is becoming a nightmare, help - I need ideas on what to do, please.....

Indy Denise 05-21-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyhenry (Post 48463805)
I usually book my own packages trough Disney Travel. I am a AAA member. and when I saw all the perks for booking through AAA in the month of May, well I booked through them. My sis who usually does the same thing as me booked with them also. I also talked my boss into using them for her trip to DLR in August where she will be taking all her grandkids. Then there is my other sister who wants to use AAA and join us on the trip.

Now the problem is - I called them last Wed with all the info, names dates and everything that we wanted, told the gal we would be in on Friday. Well we went in and nothing was ready, so it took us over 2 hours to book everything, we asked her to email me everything so our other sister can get the same thing (she lives in another city), we left our CC with her to charge a hefty amount of the package.

Well here we are on Tuesday, nothing has been charged and still no email on what our package, and she is not returning my calls.
I have never used a travel agent before and now it is becoming a nightmare, help - I need ideas on what to do, please.....

You should forget using this TA . If she can't even book your packages what are you going to do when any issues arise ?..Obviously she won't be "there" for you later. Call Disney and DIY. The AAA perks are not worth the headache . Don't give your booking ( because she actually will "own" it and Disney will not talk to you about it ) to her.

Disneyhenry 05-21-2013 06:31 PM

ARG!! And the nightmare, just got worse! She charged more then she was suppose to!! Is it to late to switch it to ourselves?! I cant believe this is happening!

nkereina 05-21-2013 06:35 PM

As a former TA, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt because I know how they do things. Since you were there Friday, its possible she does not work weekends and Monday was her first day back in the office. It's also possible that she could be out of the office the early part of the week due to longer hours later in the week. Travel Agents don't usually work your typical 9-5.

Also, some travel agencies have a business credit card that they charge everything on and then charge the customer's card accordingly from the agency. In other words, its possible they have paid Disney for your reservation and just haven't charged you yet which would be charges just from them. I know when I worked at AAA, the amount of documenting we had to do in our system when booking a travel package was a real pain - lots of paperwork and details to enter in our system. I would often book everything with the vendor (Disney in your case) and then do the paper work/entering in our own system later in the week when I wasn't so busy.

The good thing about using a travel agent is that it's on them. If an agent in our office screwed up, we'd be forced to compensate the customer whether monetarily or with an upgrade at our expense. So, keep that in mind.

If you really want to do away with this agent, I believe she would have to fax a form to Disney to say she is releasing the reservation to them. I know when you have your own reservation with Disney and you want an agent to take it over, the agent must fax a form to Disney authorizing the release. Not sure what the opposite would require, but likely something along the same lines.

Good luck and don't give up on them - Disney and AAA are preferred partners for a reason! And you can always request a different agent in the office!

loudisneyfan 05-21-2013 07:20 PM

You are able to book everything yourself and then go to AAA and have them transfer the reservation to them. That is what i do. I book and then transfer to CAA to get their perks.

Sue M 05-21-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudisneyfan (Post 48464430)
You are able to book everything yourself and then go to AAA and have them transfer the reservation to them. That is what i do. I book and then transfer to CAA to get their perks.

Somehow this seems unfair to me :confused3 having the wdw CM do all the work, I think they get commission too, then taking away the reservation they've done all the work on and giving it to someone else?

Sue M 05-21-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyhenry (Post 48463805)
I usually book my own packages trough Disney Travel. I am a AAA member. and when I saw all the perks for booking through AAA in the month of May, well I booked through them. My sis who usually does the same thing as me booked with them also. I also talked my boss into using them for her trip to DLR in August where she will be taking all her grandkids. Then there is my other sister who wants to use AAA and join us on the trip.

Now the problem is - I called them last Wed with all the info, names dates and everything that we wanted, told the gal we would be in on Friday. Well we went in and nothing was ready, so it took us over 2 hours to book everything, we asked her to email me everything so our other sister can get the same thing (she lives in another city), we left our CC with her to charge a hefty amount of the package.

Well here we are on Tuesday, nothing has been charged and still no email on what our package, and she is not returning my calls.
I have never used a travel agent before and now
it is becoming a nightmare, help - I need ideas on what to do, please.....

Since you've gone this route, I'd do what other poster, nkerenia suggests, and I've it a few more days. If you are still un satisfied you can ask for your reservation to be released to WDW reservations, or a WDW specialized TA.

I always book myself or use a TA that specialized in WDW travel. Unlike other TAs they work all hours, if a promo comes out they are on it the moment WDW phone lines open getting you the best price. At 7:00 am.

Other general TAs either don't know about WDW specials, or if they are away, or have that day off, too bad for you. I read a post where they missed getting the promo because the TA was away, and didn't leave their file with anyone else in the office.

In the future, I would only use a TA if they are one if the Wdw specialized agencies, or book yourself.

nkereina 05-22-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 48465594)
Somehow this seems unfair to me :confused3 having the wdw CM do all the work, I think they get commission too, then taking away the reservation they've done all the work on and giving it to someone else?

Maybe but it is what it is. I have also booked with WDW directly in the past (usually online) and then called to have it transferred to an AAA agent if I decide I want to utilize AAA benefits. It's my prerogative as a Disney guest and AAA member. And FWIW, if someone knows they can do this, chances are they are telling the Disney CM exactly what they want to book as opposed to having the Disney CM do a bunch of research and pricing. Though it may seem unfair, I'm paying a lot of money to go to Disney so I am going to get the perks I'm entitled to as an AAA member if I want them, and not worry about commissions. Sorry to be so frank :blush:

DisneyDmbNut 05-22-2013 08:28 AM

I have always booked my own reservations as I am a Florida Resident and pretty much know the ends and outs. The last two trips, I let my friend Lisa Reese who is a travel planner with Pixie and Pirates agency. It doesn't cost me a thing and she emails/texts me back. She also usually knows about rate changes long before I wake up in the morning and is on the phone with Disney. I am not 100% sure, but if there is a AAA rate, she can probably have it applied. You may not get the Diamond parking pass, but I never drive to the parks

nkereina 05-22-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut (Post 48467763)
I have always booked my own reservations as I am a Florida Resident and pretty much know the ends and outs. The last two trips, I let my friend Lisa Reese who is a travel planner with Pixie and Pirates agency. It doesn't cost me a thing and she emails/texts me back. She also usually knows about rate changes long before I wake up in the morning and is on the phone with Disney. I am not 100% sure, but if there is a AAA rate, she can probably have it applied. You may not get the Diamond parking pass, but I never drive to the parks

OP would have to use an agent employed by AAA in order to get the book and receive the benefits of an AAA package. In addition to the discounted rate on the room, there is a discount on tickets, the diamond parking pass, preferred Wishes viewing area, Storytime experience, discount card, etc.

ParrotBill 05-22-2013 08:49 AM

OP, you should insist on meeting with the general manager or agency owner immediately and outline your poor experience. Tell him/her you want the correction made (and no waiting 10 days for overcharges to be refunded, that's crap) and you want all outstanding actions done today, and responsiveness or you need to cancel this booking with no penalty. That is just not acceptable!

As some have indicated, you are stuck with these people unless you cancel and rebook elsewhere. They are not likely to release your reservation for you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.