The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Leaving Stormalong Bay out, who has the best pool. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3114663)

dchronister 05-20-2013 08:23 PM

Leaving Stormalong Bay out, who has the best pool.

We have 5 nights booked at WLV, but the way our airline flies, Friday to Friday, we need to book to more nights somewhere. My DSinL wants to book somewhere with a really good pool for my DN7, WL pool is okay, no complaints, but it is kinda plain compared to some. We can't stay at Beach Club and have stayed at BWV, so my question is: not considering Stormalong Bay, which resort has the best pool, things that a 7 year old would like. Thanks, Dena

2kidsForMe 05-20-2013 08:27 PM

My kids can't get enough of the volcano pool at the Poly. :woohoo:

CajunMomof3 05-20-2013 08:32 PM

My boys love the volcano slide too, but I think their favorite is the clown slide at the BW.

mickeynut1 05-20-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchronister (Post 48455256)
We have 5 nights booked at WLV, but the way our airline flies, Friday to Friday, we need to book to more nights somewhere. My DSinL wants to book somewhere with a really good pool for my DN7, WL pool is okay, no complaints, but it is kinda plain compared to some. We can't stay at Beach Club and have stayed at BWV, so my question is: not considering Stormalong Bay, which resort has the best pool, things that a 7 year old would like. Thanks, Dena

Our favorite is the volcano pool at the Poly, which we actually like better than SAB.

Disney/Universal Fan 05-20-2013 08:47 PM

Others may think I am crazy, but I think your 7 yr. old niece would really enjoy the pool(s) at Pop Century, not to say, she would really have fun at the resort. It is absolutely great for kids, and the adults would enjoy it as well. The pools at the Boardwalk and at The Polynesian are nice as well, but I think she would enjoy Pop Century the best. You may even save a little bit of money!

Grace&Carolinesmom 05-20-2013 09:02 PM

We really liked the Dig Site pool at CSR. The slide there is AWESOME, the pool is huge, they do fun afternoon activities with the kids, lots of tables/loungers, nice poolside bar that also serves food, a playground right off the pool area, and very nice restroom/shower facilities. Whole family really enjoyed it :thumbsup2 They also do the movies and marshmallow roast in the evenings and there is an arcade too but we did not take advantage of those while staying at CSR.

pamkat1820 05-20-2013 09:29 PM

My vote after SAB would be either CSR or POly :beach:

clapton 05-20-2013 09:47 PM

New pool at GF is beautiful along with the Alice in wonderland splash area. Looks great for little kids.

pigletto 05-20-2013 09:50 PM

My pool loving 9 year old would rate them in this order..

1. Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs (tied)
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge
3.Old Key West
4. Poly.

He felt the Poly pool slide was too small and the pool was too crowded when we were there. I personally would have loved the pool but again, there was just no room.

Polybound 05-20-2013 09:57 PM

I'd say the Volcano pool at the Poly, not only for the kids, but also for the parents. The lush tropical setting, with lots of shade if you want it, and lots of sun around the sand beach, if you want that is as well. Very well designed. You just have to get there early, because the best lounge chair locations get taken pretty quickly.

Kim1964 05-21-2013 05:28 AM

We are big Stormalong Bay fans because of the slide, but my kids were also very happy at CSR and the Digsite Pool.

disd55 05-21-2013 05:43 AM

The best are probably BWI, Poly, POFQ, POR CBR And CSR.

DisneyDmbNut 05-21-2013 06:00 AM

My DD loves the AKL pool..large and zero entry.. Nice slide and it's very relaxing when the bamboo sways and creaks

EagleScout 05-21-2013 06:11 AM

Csr pool is fun, as is dolphin. Also, I assume you know this, but yacht club also has access to sab.

goofy4tink 05-21-2013 07:15 AM

I would say CSR. I like the Polynesian but always felt crowded at the Volcano Pool. We finally just stopped going to that pool and used the quiet pool instead.
I also like the pool area at POR. But, the pool slides at the moderates tend to be shorter/smaller than at the deluxe resorts. So, be advised as to that.