The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Transporation from Poly Resort Wishes viewing (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3114400)

themoon2 05-20-2013 12:49 PM

Transporation from Poly Resort Wishes viewing

I would like to view the Wishes fireworks at the Polynesian Resort beach and then take Disney transportation back to my resort - Saratoga Springs. How long do the buses run when MK closes? Once the fireworks are over, would I have time to catch the monorail at Poly to MK and then be able to catch a bus to SSR?

mesaboy2 05-20-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themoon2 (Post 48450831)
I would like to view the Wishes fireworks at the Polynesian Resort beach and then take Disney transportation back to my resort - Saratoga Springs. How long do the buses run when MK closes? Once the fireworks are over, would I have time to catch the monorail at Poly to MK and then be able to catch a bus to SSR?

Yes.

ghtx 05-20-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Yes, plenty of time.

WEDWDW 05-20-2013 09:05 PM

OP,another option,"possibly" faster,would be to catch a DTD bus from the Poly and then take the short walk from DTD to SSR.:)

goofy4tink 05-21-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEDWDW (Post 48455686)
OP,another option,"possibly" faster,would be to catch a DTD bus from the Poly and then take the short walk from DTD to SSR.:)

That's what I would do as well!!! If you're in the Congress Park area, just walk back from DTD. Otherwise, you can take the bus from DTD to SSR. THe crowds at the MK will be huge.

figment_jii 05-21-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

IHow long do the buses run when MK closes?

Buses typically run at least one hour after the park closes. Unless there are monorail problems, you'll have enough time to take the monorail back to the MK and then a bus to SSR. As others have said, the DTD route is another option. In short, you won't be stranded at Poly!

ParrotBill 05-22-2013 09:11 AM

Be aware that if you take the monorail over after Wishes is done, you will join the big rush to the buses - packed buses with half the load standing for each trip.

The bus to DTD and walk to SS is the gentlest option unless you have small kids in tow at that late hour. The walk could be 1/4 mile, or, if your room is at the far north side of SS then the walk is close to a mile (walk along the road and go in by the car gate, not along the lake).

If a long walk is not desired, then- walk to the closest bus stop, Congress Park (again, along the road by the car gate), and take one of the internal buses that goes back toward your stop (ask drivers who is going back toward your stop).

Finally, there is always the option to spend $20 and take a cab... fast, direct, convenient, worth it sometimes!

bdklein 05-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Since you are by the beach anyway, you may want to see if the boat is running that goes from the Poly to the MK.