The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Jogging Path AKL (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3114201)

NickP33 05-20-2013 07:16 AM

Jogging Path AKL
 
Good Morning,

I'll be in WDW one week from today for a 6 night stay at AKL. Does anyone know if there is a jogging path at that resort?

Thanks

providince 05-20-2013 07:18 AM

Id like to know this too. Ill be there a week from today and would love to run there.

PrincessV 05-20-2013 01:16 PM

Yes, but only if you only want to go a very short distance. Like, 1/2 a mile. There's no official running path, just the path that connects Kidani with Jambo. I managed to put together 3+ miles on a recent trip (full report on that here), but it wasn't pretty, lol!

NickP33 05-20-2013 02:22 PM

Thank you for this! It looks like I'll have to do a similar route.

PrincessV 05-20-2013 02:54 PM

Another thought is to combine some outdoor running with the treadmills in Kidani's and Jambo's fitness centers... or run the road out of AKL/AVKV, but WDW frowns on running in the roadways.

EmilyJNS 05-20-2013 02:55 PM

I will be attempting to do 4 there on Tuesday next week- thanks for asking the question and the reply!

Simba's Mom 05-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessV (Post 48452284)
or run the road out of AKL/AVKV, but WDW frowns on running in the roadways.

That's what I thought, so I was really surprised a couple years ago when we checked in to BC and they suggested the main roads for DH when he was looking for a running route. So every morning, as he ran out to the main road, he'd wave at the Disney security guard at the guard shack. Not what I was expecting!

Deb & Bill 05-20-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba's Mom (Post 48452989)
That's what I thought, so I was really surprised a couple years ago when we checked in to BC and they suggested the main roads for DH when he was looking for a running route. So every morning, as he ran out to the main road, he'd wave at the Disney security guard at the guard shack. Not what I was expecting!

When the runner is on a sidewalk, it's no problem (that's what you have around the BC). But at AKL/AKV, there is no sidewalk.

PrincessV 05-21-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 48454089)
When the runner is on a sidewalk, it's no problem (that's what you have around the BC). But at AKL/AKV, there is no sidewalk.

::yes:: Yep - the EP resorts have a sidewalk that goes all around them. No sidewalk outside of AKL, at least not that I saw.

Simba's Mom 05-21-2013 09:20 AM

Is there a sidewalk along the road under the bridge? That's where they sent him and I don't remember a sidewalk there. If so, then it does make sense.

jimandami 05-21-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba's Mom (Post 48458660)
Is there a sidewalk along the road under the bridge? That's where they sent him and I don't remember a sidewalk there. If so, then it does make sense.

If I recall correctly from last time DH and I ran that route, there is just a VERY short section under the bridge without a sidewalk, but the rest is all on sidewalks. To the OP, we ended up running from Kidani to Jambo and through the parking lots and around the area by the Kidani pool. Not ideal, but doable.

PrincessV 05-21-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba's Mom (Post 48458660)
Is there a sidewalk along the road under the bridge? That's where they sent him and I don't remember a sidewalk there. If so, then it does make sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimandami (Post 48459025)
If I recall correctly from last time DH and I ran that route, there is just a VERY short section under the bridge without a sidewalk, but the rest is all on sidewalks.

Yep, just that span under the bridge is without a sidewalk.

NickP33 05-21-2013 11:38 AM

I may just wake up early one morning and drive over to the boardwalk and do a few laps around the lake. I can pick up some breakfast for the fam. at Boardwalk Bakery that way!

magicbob 05-21-2013 12:10 PM

Boardwalk is nice for a morning run, but tends to be crowded in the evenings if you like to run then. I've also found that the paths at Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside are good for running at just about any time of the day.

NickP33 05-21-2013 12:22 PM

Yeah, I have run at Port Orleans and Caribbean. I prefer staying at Port, but I really liked running the loop at Caribbean.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.