The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Star Wars Land (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3113379)

Beckster114 05-18-2013 01:31 PM

Star Wars Land

I'm a long time lurker, but this is my first time posting.

I'm not sure if this has been leaked or not yet, but I was at Disney World May 2-13, and after riding Star Tours one day we were chatting with the guy running the make-a-droid station in the store and he told us that Star Wars Land was definitely happening and would be officially announced in August.

He also told us that there would be a character dining place in the new land where the Star Wars characters are around while you eat.

larryz 05-18-2013 01:41 PM

:welcome:

This would track with reports of people being asked to participate in a survey focused on which planets in the Star Wars universe they'd most like to visit.

vicki_c 05-18-2013 01:43 PM

Interesting that random cast member has this certain information but no one else. It (or something like it) could be true. Or not. But I don't think regular cast members have any more access to that type of info than any random person on the DIS.

Robo 05-18-2013 02:38 PM

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps2628786e.jpg
................These aren't the Star Wars Land rumors you were looking for.

lhermiston 05-18-2013 02:46 PM

I'd be all about a Star Wars Land...it'd probably take a little crowd pressure off the other parks.

Seriously though, it could be pretty cool, but what would the attractions be?

Also, I want a Star Wars-themed resort where I can sleep in a tauntaun and drink at the Mos Eisley cantina.

WDSearcher 05-18-2013 02:56 PM

Any piece of "it's definitely happening and will be announced on X date" information has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyone who actually has that type of solid concrete information has no doubt signed a confidentiality agreement that forbids them from telling anyone. And to violate the agreement would result in termination.

And really, don't you have to wonder why someone working the build-a-droid shop would have that kind of information in the first place?

:earsboy:

BuzzBelleMom 05-18-2013 03:17 PM

I love the Star Wars Land rumors!

Everyone has different ideas and it is fun to imagine the combination.

My personal favorite is replacing the starry hat in DHS with the Death Star.

momto3pirates 05-18-2013 03:48 PM

Add us to the list of those families that would LOVE to see this come true. I would really appreciate a character dining with Star Wars theme.

abinormal 05-18-2013 04:06 PM

I think the whole concept is begging to be part of a theme park. I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen sooner or later.

minnie mum 05-18-2013 06:14 PM

Yeah, I think this will get shipped over to the rumour bin pretty soon. As much as I think a Star Wars Land would be great, I don't think I can place much faith in the passing comment from a glorified store clerk. I'm sure something Star War-ish will be built sooner or later.

Let's see which comes first- Avatarland, Carsland (east coast version) or Star Warsland. Oh yes, almost forgot- Pixar land.

happygirl 05-18-2013 06:17 PM

Even if it's not true still pretty neat to think about what could be

4under4 05-18-2013 06:28 PM

Meet & Greet with all the SW characters? Even I would wait in line for that :cool1:

Brian_WDW74 05-19-2013 01:54 AM

This thread is better suited for the Disney Rumors and News board, so I've moved it. Thanks for posting, Beckster114! :)

Echo7Solo 05-19-2013 02:45 PM

Star Wars Land is a must. Has to be done!

doconeill 05-19-2013 07:02 PM

Just keep in mind that the CMs are often reporting the very same rumors that we hear out here...they may have heard it internally, but they actually have no more weight than hearing it from a post here in general. Otherwise we'd have had a lot of new things everyone's been hoping for...

And even if the internal source was actually an authoritative source, until they actually build it, it still might not happen. Keep in mind that Disney has a number of times announced things as happening, through official channels - and then canceled them for one reason or another.

In my personal opinion, I think that Star Wars Land is likely being worked on - but even right now I wouldn't give it more than a 20% chance of coming to fruition in the next 5 years.