The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Leaving tomorrow for first DCL cruise - Nervous! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112778)

southlake 05-16-2013 10:55 PM

Leaving tomorrow for first DCL cruise - Nervous!
 
Hi everyone,

Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

TwinPrincessMermaids 05-16-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southlake
Hi everyone,

Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

Just make sure all your travel docs are ready and in the purse/bag/car. If you are driving to PC, make sure you have change for the tolls. Everyone gets nervous until you are checked in and on board and then the nerves melt away!!!

Excitement and nerves go hand in hand. I'm really happy for your family and wish you bon voyage!

TLSnell1981 05-16-2013 11:32 PM

Maybe, it's the excitement? No worries, be happy and have a magical cruise!

DeniseMarie526 05-16-2013 11:59 PM

How exciting for you! Bob Voyage, have a wonderful time. I haven't cruises yet but I can't, wait for those nerves!

southlake 05-17-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids (Post 48421167)
Just make sure all your travel docs are ready and in the purse/bag/car. If you are driving to PC, make sure you have change for the tolls. Everyone gets nervous until you are checked in and on board and then the nerves melt away!!!

Excitement and nerves go hand in hand. I'm really happy for your family and wish you bon voyage!

Thank you! You just reminded me to print directions from the airport to our hotel near Disney World. It looks like there are 3 toll roads (?) in the 17 mi drive?? Crazy!

And yes I think I'll settle down once we're actually ON the ship!

disneylove69 05-17-2013 12:49 AM

Enjoy :)

LoveMickey 05-17-2013 06:28 AM

Enjoy the Fantasy. Remember you will not be able to do everything, so go with the flow.

:)

tchrrx 05-17-2013 06:43 AM

I get nervous before every vacation. I get especially nervous before cruises b/c I realize that I'm going to be cut off from communication with the 'real world' for a week. However, I know that if there's a true emergency, I can be reached on the ship. Also, I think that being cut off is what makes a cruise so relaxing, so I don't worry about it once I'm onboard & we're out at sea.

reevesinga 05-17-2013 06:51 AM

We have been on 7 cruises and I still do the same. I am always nervous until we are checked in and on the boat! Make sure you have any meds that your family may need, your travel documents and go from there!! Happy Sailing!

noahdove 05-17-2013 06:56 AM

Let us know how the cruise was:) This is so exciting:) tchrrx, leaving all the "communication" behind is the best part for me:) Southlake, have a wonderful cruise:)

TwinPrincessMermaids 05-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southlake (Post 48421369)
Thank you! You just reminded me to print directions from the airport to our hotel near Disney World. It looks like there are 3 toll roads (?) in the 17 mi drive?? Crazy!

And yes I think I'll settle down once we're actually ON the ship!

Edit, it looks like you are flying then. How are you getting to port? There are tolls to PC as well, so plan for that!

jetskigrl 05-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southlake (Post 48421049)
Hi everyone,

Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

Totally normal. I am always nervous from a day or so before (making sure I packed everything and all arrangements are made) until they announce our names on the ship. Well, actually I start relaxing right after completing check-in, but true relaxation starts when I am on board :thumbsup2

MikeAndNick 05-17-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southlake (Post 48421049)
Hi everyone,
Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

Just remember the ONLY things you MUST have is your Passports or Birith Certificates and your DH and DD. Everything else you can do without if you have to.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.