The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Calling all past and future Eastern Caribbean Cruisers....Special Request (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112439)

erinjean1277 05-16-2013 11:25 AM

Calling all past and future Eastern Caribbean Cruisers....Special Request
 
I have a very special request.....to anyone past or future......If you have or will be doing the excursion to Honeymoon Beach at St Thomas (we did the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach).....We met a four legged friend there, which we like to call Scrappy. He is apparently a Black Lab/Daschund (Weinerdog) mix. He likes to come out to the BBQ for freebies. He made quite the impression on our family during our time there and we forgot to grab a picture of him and would like to remember him in our scrapbook. Does anyone already have a picture of him or would be willing to snap one for me if you are going on this excursion in the next couple of months?

Thank you in advance!!!!!

TwinPrincessMermaids 05-16-2013 11:30 AM

I know what you mean! I met some nice 4 leggeds on my trip and they definitely add to it! I met a nice kitty that I shared some fish with at Coki Beach in St Thom and then met a nice fat restaurant cat at St Maarten. The best was probably the 3 legged dog at Ocho Rios at our honeymoon 2003 up the Dunns River Falls. This lab/ golden retri looking dog corralled every one to keep the group together (even waiting at the restrooms for stragglers), and climbed every bit of those falls with us! It was quite a memory. Happiest dog I've practically ever seen.

Sorry I can't help but I hope you find a photo of your fuzzy friend!

erocrobro 05-16-2013 12:42 PM

We will be on that cruise in 14 days and we are doing that same excursion.:cool1: I will try to snap a picture if we happen to see him.

erinjean1277 05-17-2013 07:57 AM

Thank you!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by erocrobro (Post 48414877)
We will be on that cruise in 14 days and we are doing that same excursion.:cool1: I will try to snap a picture if we happen to see him.

I hope you are able to see, if other than the fact that he brought numerous smiles to our faces! :goodvibes I would greatly appreciate the picture if you see him. FYI he prefers meat and bread to the beans and coleslaw LOL :rotfl:

It is a AWESOME excursion!!! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, even my DS and DH were new to snorkeling! Also, with our experience and IMHO, if you get the choice, take the catamaran vs the pirate ship. The crew was awesome, especially with the kids (mine and our friends') and being that close to the water and out on the open deck (but it did have covered seating) was truly an experience!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, too! :thumbsup2

Thanks again!!!!

TwinPrincessMermaids 05-17-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinjean1277 (Post 48422226)
I hope you are able to see, if other than the fact that he brought numerous smiles to our faces! :goodvibes I would greatly appreciate the picture if you see him. FYI he prefers meat and bread to the beans and coleslaw LOL :rotfl:

:rotfl: They do love their meat and bread, don't they! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

erinjean1277 05-17-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids (Post 48424108)
:rotfl: They do love their meat and bread, don't they! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

LOL You would think that with all of his begging he wouldn't be so picky or worried about and potential "side effects" of the beans or slaw. :rotfl:

TwinPrincessMermaids 05-17-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinjean1277

LOL You would think that with all of his begging he wouldn't be so picky or worried about and potential "side effects" of the beans or slaw. :rotfl:

Maybe 4 legged had lived n learned I guess! Haha. I love them so much...

erocrobro 06-13-2013 02:02 PM

We did the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Honeymoon beach last week. There was a dog on the beach with us, but I don't think it was the one that you described. It was more of a pit bull mix type. Very short white fur with a few black spots. He loved to play in the water and chase rocks that kids were tossing for him. I will post pictures of him later if I can figure out how.

Lisa Mathis 06-13-2013 07:56 PM

I am going in September and doing that excursion, if I see him I'll try to get a picture for you and post it
:)

erinjean1277 06-13-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erocrobro (Post 48673769)
We did the Full Day Sail & Snorkel to Honeymoon beach last week. There was a dog on the beach with us, but I don't think it was the one that you described. It was more of a pit bull mix type. Very short white fur with a few black spots. He loved to play in the water and chase rocks that kids were tossing for him. I will post pictures of him later if I can figure out how.

Thanks! That was definitely not the one we saw.......they must have revolving dogs like the boats bring revolving playtoys and feeders to the dogs of the island. :rotfl: I certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!! ;) I also hope you enjoyed your cruise and excursion. It was certainly our favorite so far!!

erinjean1277 06-13-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Mathis (Post 48676858)
I am going in September and doing that excursion, if I see him I'll try to get a picture for you and post it
:)

Thank you!!!! He is a Black Lab/Wenie dog mix.......completely black medium length fur......big head and short legs......the cutest little guy. We still have many a conversation about him :goodvibes

I hope you enjoy your trip!!!!

erocrobro 06-13-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinjean1277 (Post 48677408)
Thanks! That was definitely not the one we saw.......they must have revolving dogs like the boats bring revolving playtoys and feeders to the dogs of the island. :rotfl: I certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!! ;) I also hope you enjoyed your cruise and excursion. It was certainly our favorite so far!!

I wondered that too, there may be several local dogs that come to play on the beach. It was the best excursion, we were on the Bones and had so much fun at the beach and the snorkeling was fantastic!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.