35 Things We Learned on Our Trip to WDW
1) We discovered Pixie Hollow after talking with our tablemates at the Biergarten...really cool if you love Tink! It's just passed the Adventureland sign on the right.
2) Beach Club Marketplace has all the food and provisions you would ever need (not necessary to stop at a grocery store or have it delivered to the room from an outside vendor).
3) The Beach Club is better than advertised (if that is possible). The pool is truly unbelievable.
4) The Secret door near Room #1500 wing is REAL. And you truly are a 3 minute walk from EPCOT. Our room (#4534) was directly above that area and we thought the Illuminations fireworks were being shot off of our balcony.
5) EPCOT RD was a dream. We left the Beach Club at 8:41, and got a FP for Soarin and were on the ride by 9:06.
6) For Soarin at RD, while following the CMs thru The Land don't go down the escalator with the mob to the left, but veer to the right and go down the stairs and you'll be first in line at the FP machines.
7) For Soarin, try to get in the front seats...you won't see the feet hanging.
8) Biergarten is a cool place to eat. Get an 8:40 ADR because the Oompa Band ends at 9:00pm...just enough time with that Oompa Band.
9) The boat to DHS was wonderful and timely...no need to walk.
10) I could have sworn there was a bus from BC to DHS. Our group walked out to the Bus Stop at 7:55am and there was a bus with DHS on it. We attempted to get on but the driver said that there was no bus service, only the boat and the walkway. Our group of nine looked dejected and glum. The driver said, "get in, I'll give you a special lift." We got a private ride to DHS from this wonderful guy. We tried to give him a tip, but he declined and told us to have a great day. We were at DHS at 8:10. my group couldn't believe we were there 50 minutes early, but we bided our time and were right at the turnstiles and the front of the line at RD. Clearly we were the first wave to TSM, while I went to RnRC for FP. My party met me at ToT which we rode Standby (13 minute wait) and then used the FP for RnRC and then FP it again.
11) 50's Primetime is absolutely adorable. The decorations are perfect and the attitudes of the staff are hilarious. Plus, when one of the kids didn't eat their string beans, the waiter came back with the string beans covered in Whipped Cream and nine cherries...one for each of us.
12) Wishes from Narcossees' deck is beautiful.
13) Narcoossees is over-priced!!!!
14) I can't spell Narcoosses correctly or consistently.
15) For a quick adult treat, try the pub at Rose 'n Crown: A Delicious Cheese plate and a glass of Cabernet (for two).
16) We found a great place for our DD15 and her BFF15 to get beautiful henna tattoos in Morrocco.
17) Get an 8:30pm ADR at Tokyo Dining and watch Illuminations from their deck at 9:00.
18) We gained a greater appreciaton for EPCOT, being so close and with such easy access. We had a lot of time to really explore the countries instead of just walking by, and glancing in. Walk over to BWI too!
19) Germany had many upscale items for sale, chrystal, steins, cookoo clocks.
20) The Akershus Princess Banquet is not worth the money. We felt very rushed and it cost $46/person (four of which were teenage girls).
21) I'm not cheap, but I don't understand tipping 18% (group of nine) at a buffet where I get up from my seat and serve myself the food. 10% would be more than enough, especially since the Cape May Cafe breakfast is so over-priced.....just saying.
22) Boy, it's really hard to keep nine people, all with different senses of urgency, on the same page. Ranging in age from 11 to 55 (me).
22a) Always tell the members of your group: "Let's meet at 7:30am" when you really want to meet at 8:00am. Especially when 5 of them are teenage girls!!!
22b) Have your UT WDW tickets added to your room keys. And maybe even allow the older teens have charging ability.
23) We spent 2 1/2 days at the Royal Pacific at Universal. FOTL passes are almost unfair, I felt guilty walking past all those people all the time, but I loved them.
24) The Harry Potter Forbidden Journey ride was incredible, nothing like I have ever experienced. Rode it at RD and then again in the single rider line. Get to IOA at 7:40am.
24a) Skip the Hippo-dippo-graff ride at HP...30 seconds and then "is that it?"
24b) And really listen to me: Skip the Wand thing at Ollivanders (sic), or whatever the heck it's called. Absolutely wasted an hour of my life from 9:00-10:00pm in a line that snails along, and then your in a little room for what seems like 2 minutes to hear an old guy talking about...whatever the heck he was talking about..and then it's over, and then they have the gall to usher you through a shop to buy these wands for $30. Yikes...stay far, far away from this. If you don't you will only say afterwards "I should have listened to redc !!!"
24c) Get the non-frozen Butterbeer. It is pretty good...like cream soda...but better.
24d) Take in all that the Hogwarts scenery has to offer...it is truly exquisite.
24d) Don't bring carry bags to IOA or US. You will need to secure them in a locker to ride most attractions. What a hassle. Fanny packs are OK, but be ready to be made fun of. WDW allows carry bags on the rides.
25) Let the 15-year-olds explore on their own. Gives them freedom and confidence. Gives you and your Lady a little time together both in the parks and at the BC!!!
26) Don't eat a heavy meal just before riding RnRC. Wow!
26a) Ride Everest as many times as you possibly can. Maybe my fave at WDW.
26b) Ride Kali RR in a torrential rain storm...it answers the "will you get wet?" question conclusively.
26c) Bring extra walking shoes...see 26b.
27) Get an 8:05am ADR at Crystal Palace. At 8:55, have a runner (me) scurry across to get Space Mtn FPs. Then ride BTMRR and Splash Mtn standby.
28) Innocently step on the toes of people who sit in the middle of every theater instead of going all the way to the end. Make sure you say "Oh, I'm sorry." Gets your aggression out, believe me.
28a) Don't let more than one person pass you in line so they can "get to their group up ahead"...especially teenagers. Say "I'm sure your party will wait for you up ahead."
29) Stay at the BC. My love was always WL, but now I am one of the converted.
30) Don't ride Space Mtn more than once or you will surely need a chiropractor. Front or middle seat is better than the rear!!!!
31) Go on the Safari at AK. Saw a lot of cool animals, more than I remembered from last visit.
31a) Ride Test Track single rider. We rode 3 times without waiting and always got to sit in the same car with my Lady. Ask for an ODD number lane and get the front seat.
32) Don't forget your backpack in the netting at your seat on DINOSAUR! Oiy!
32a) Bring water bottles and PB&J sandwiches to the parks for lunch...eat cereal breakfast in the room.
33) Bring ponchos if there is a threat of thunderstorms (it rained every afternoon at about 4:00).
33a) Don't expect Jasmine or Aladdin to hang around during a meet-and-greet when thunder cracks closeby. Never saw two humans in silky clothing run so fast in my life.
33b) Run past the Stitch Escape travesty and DON'T GO IN!!! Thank God we didn't wait long for that!!!
34) Raise your arms over your head and scream while riding the Hulk, Dragon's Challenge, Test Track, Everest, BTMRR, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, RnRC and...you'll feel like a teenager again!!
35) Ride IASW and sing....because you can.
36) Have fun....redc
Not bad tips, though most of us who frequent these boards are aware of most of these. And you mentioned Harry Potter, which is Universal, not WDW...
Really fun....thanks!!! I am going to check out #15. I had no idea you could get wine and a cheese plate at the R&C pub!!! :cool1:
The reason we know most of these tips is BECAUSE people take the time and make the effort to post them. Thanks to the original poster!!
Can I just say how much I love your post?
Can I, can I??
There! I said it!!
Nice refreshing post. Idk y u don't like Stitch :confused3 lol jp I agree it's horrible. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2
Thank you!!! My heart is smiling & I literally LOL'd while reading this :)
Thanks so much for the great post. It sounds like you had a great time! I wish I could afford BC. Maybe some day for a night or 2. But I love eating there and walking around. 5 teenage girls?:scared:
Great post! I think my husband and I stayed in the same room at the Beach Club a couple years ago - definitely the best place to stay!
Just one thing:
We treasure the wands we bought from Ollivanders. And I have to say, that old guy was REALLY good at cold reading. He managed to nail all our personalities in just a handful of sentences.
My advice would instead be, "Don't get in line for Ollivanders if it's more than 15 or so people long. Do it first thing before you ride anything else, as the line for the Forbidden Journey moves fast anyway."
23) I had to laugh about this one cause I know exactly what you mean about feeling a little guilty.. you get over it though.. lol
We rode Jurassic Park three times in a row and some in line were getting really annoyed because they were waiting before we even got on the ride the first time!
I understand it may seem unfair but, that is how Universal does it and I for one really like it. Its so worth staying on site and paying a little etxra to not have to wait in long lines.. I know many will disagree with me but, I wish Disney would do something like this.
30).. I had to laugh at this one as well. On our last trip I was stuck in the back twice on Space Mountain and both times when I got off the ride I felt like I had been put through the wringer. I couldn't understand it either because the other times I had ridden it, it was so much fun and not as jerky and uncomfortable as our last trip. My son mentioned it could have been because I was in the back both times so we rode it again and this time I made sure to ride up front... what a difference!! Its like two different rides.
Terrific Post! Just wishing I was staying at BC again next time but finances prevail. Also, I never do a WDW trip without splitting with USO. I totally understand your post! I know some of the more die-hard DISers will call you on the USO/IOA mentions.
Love your post..I agree with BC resort..It is our Disney home :) I agree about Ollivanders..We didn't wait at all for it and it wasn't really worth it.Maybe if you are one of tho chosen..We like Flight of the Hippogrif.Our daughter is not a huge coaster fan so it is nice she can ride this. Forbidden Journey is awesome..Love the express passes, truly a relxing themepark day with them.I don't feel one iota of guilt having the onsite express passes, it may seem unfair, but you pay alot to stay onsite for that privelage.
As for the bag thing, it never bothered me..they require it on only a few rides and that is because Universals rides can be more intense than Disney.Having someones belongings flying off and either injuring someone or causing ride damage/downtime is a possibility so they provide lockers for just those rides.We either do cargo shorts or a waistpack and I can give a hoot that people find it funny or might make fun of me..LOL At least I am not waiting on some of those locker lines:)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2013, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.