The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hiring disabled people to get to front of lines? WHAT! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111131)

pooh4evr 05-14-2013 06:32 AM

Hiring disabled people to get to front of lines? WHAT!

Our local news just had a little story about people hiring disabled people to pose as family members, so they can use the benefits of the GAC cards and other "perks" disabled guest receive. Seriously. "Black market Disney guides run about $130 an hour", " allow up to 6 guests to go to different entrances for rides so they have no lines or shorter lines to wait in" - fox 2 st Louis . I don't even know what to say, that is horrible.

LauraJean 05-14-2013 06:33 AM

People will do anything !! Horrible I agree.

sephorachick 05-14-2013 06:37 AM

that is terrible!:(

Owlpost23 05-14-2013 06:40 AM

Saw that in the NYPost-some idiot was bragging about how the "one percent did Disney".Good gravy.:eek:

lucyem 05-14-2013 06:41 AM

Why bother paying. I have a friend who learned about the GAC cards and decided her perfectly normal son needed one. Decided he had "anxiety". I tried to say something but she never listens On the plus side they decided wdw was too babyish for her son. Rides not fast enough. Doubt they will go back.

Kay1 05-14-2013 06:42 AM

That makes zero sense. How would one locate such people to hire? Also, who would need them? Disney doesn't require any proof of disability. They couldn't if they wanted to as that's against the law.

No way.

larryz 05-14-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay1 (Post 48390398)
That makes zero sense. How would one locate such people to hire? Also, who would need them? Disney doesn't require any proof of disability. They couldn't if they wanted to as that's against the law.

No way.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...ZRkIVc1zItXGDP

Read the article, then decide if it makes zero sense. Perhaps it's people too proud to pretend to be disabled, but not too proud to hire someone who is... :confused3

I think this adds some clarity to previous threads about "cut-rate" in-park tourguide services.

6packdoesdisney 05-14-2013 06:48 AM

Unfortunately, this does not surprise me one bit.
There are people of the me, me, me mindset who believe their wants and needs come before those of anyone else.
They will say and do anything to appease their need to feel superior and above everyone else.
They are the misfits of society and even worse they raise children who will become the same way.
These are the types of people who raise criminals, in the end.
Similar to welfare fraud, same mindset.
Such a sad state of affairs.
They ruin things for those who honestly need extra help because of their disabilities.

UNCFanatik 05-14-2013 06:52 AM

Is this against any of Disney policies?

RMulieri 05-14-2013 06:55 AM

Doesn't surprise me in the least..

Crystal Brewer 05-14-2013 06:57 AM

Sad :( I must say as a newbie I've excessively planned tho when we get there its going to be...Let the good times roll don't think I want the "weirdo show"! Our memories will be from "learning" the parks =)

Kay1 05-14-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryz (Post 48390410)
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...ZRkIVc1zItXGDP

Read the article, then decide if it makes zero sense. Perhaps it's people too proud to pretend to be disabled, but not too proud to hire someone who is... :confused3

I think this adds some clarity to previous threads about "cut-rate" in-park tourguide services.

Thanks for the link though it makes me ill.

ChloesDaddy 05-14-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCFanatik (Post 48390475)
Is this against any of Disney policies?

Seems like it would be tough to have a policy against it because it would be impossible to enforce. Can't question about diability, can't require that they be related to the guests, can't ban tour guides,...

I just wonder why someone would be proud of this. If they want to stoop to this level they can just get their own GAC as a PP mentioned. If they are really part of "the 1%" they can afford a VIP tour. The quote, "this is how the 1% do Disney," sounds more like a 5%-er trying to pretend to be a 1%-er to me.

ChloesDaddy 05-14-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh4evr (Post 48390334)
Our local news just had a little story about people hiring disabled people to pose as family members, so they can use the benefits of the GAC cards and other "perks" disabled guest receive. Seriously. "Black market Disney guides run about $130 an hour", " allow up to 6 guests to go to different entrances for rides so they have no lines or shorter lines to wait in" - fox 2 st Louis . I don't even know what to say, that is horrible.

We oftern watch Fox2 in the morning, but I'm glad we weren't today. This would have set DW off!!! :furious:

Kay1 05-14-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6packdoesdisney (Post 48390434)
Unfortunately, this does not surprise me one bit.
There are people of the me, me, me mindset who believe their wants and needs come before those of anyone else.
They will say and do anything to appease their need to feel superior and above everyone else.
They are the misfits of society and even worse they raise children who will become the same way.
These are the types of people who raise criminals, in the end.
Similar to welfare fraud, same mindset.
Such a sad state of affairs.
They ruin things for those who honestly need extra help because of their disabilities.

Follow the link in Larryz's post if you haven't. Very interesting to say the least.