The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dream review 5/2013 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110876)

jmkjml39 05-13-2013 03:48 PM

Dream review 5/2013

Home from a 4 night Dream cruise! Sad to be back, next time it’s 7 days for sure!

Will do again:

-Ride the Aquaduck
-Head straight to Cabanas buffet on deck 11 for lunch after embarkation
-Pack bathing suits/sunscreen to swim after lunch
-Put my kids in Oceaneers Lab while we enjoy the adult only deck
-Order room service for breakfast every day. The buffet doesn’t open until 7, my kids wake at 5! We had breakfast delivered at 6 a.m. and then would go to buffet for 2nd breakfast later in the morning. We would grab bananas, milk, cereal, etc for the next day as well. The little fridge/cooler kept everything cool enough the entire trip.
-Detective agency with the kids
-Wear sea bands and give my kids Dramamine – none of us got sick, not sure if we would have but wasn’t taking any chances
-Order coffee from room service the night before disembarkation. Coffee stayed warm and we were able to enjoy it the next morning while finishing last minute packing.
-Skip breakfast in dining room on disembarkation day – they try to get you to go to breakfast early to get you out of your room for cleaning. Cabanas buffet is open, so we skipped our 6:45 a.m. breakfast time, left our luggage in our room while we went to Cabanas, then came back and left room at 830. Otherwise you have to tote your luggage around and once you leave the room to get to your breakfast seating, you can’t go back
-Use Disney transfers to get to Orlando airport
-Call guest services and have someone bring a luggage scale to room
-Stay on ship at Nassau
-Get off ship at Castaway Cay

Won’t do again:

-Drink too many margaritas on the adult deck while my kids were in Oceaneer Lab
-Bring too many shoes – wore flip flops all day and all night
-Bring too many clothes – Cruise casual accepted for all main seating restaurants
-Bring too much wine – we brought 5 bottles and only drank 3, had to leave 2 behind
-Book a late afternoon flight. You have to be out of the rooms by 8:30 a.m. and off ship by 9:15. Could easily have made a 12 o’clock flight.
-Book excursions on Castaway – we played in the water and sand all day

Will do next time:

-Go to Cove Café. Treats are free, coffee is not. My parents said the treats were delicious!
-Spend more time in Outlook……super secret, you have to find it……
-Go to at least 1 show!!! Especially The Golden Mickeys, heard it was wonderful!
-Buy a scrapbook album – forgot to go back and buy one and now I can’t find a decent one with ship, characters and year

A few notes:

Don’t bring a hairdryer. They have a Babyliss in every room, great hairdryer!

Fireworks on Pirate night don’t start until 10:45 p.m. I was surprised it was that late, considering the boat is filled with kids who go to bed much earlier than that.

Again, buffet not open until 7 a.m.

Bed rails available for bottom bunk, but request before you get on board. Very few to be found if not reserved.

If you are reading this trying to decide to book a cruise or not, book it!

baleeve 05-15-2013 07:50 PM

Appreciate your post! Thank you.

Makes me look forward to our first cruise!

jockotaco 05-15-2013 10:07 PM

Great bed rail tip. Just sent my TA a request.

Diva of Dragons 05-17-2013 02:04 AM

Thanks for this!! A lot of these tips will be really helpful!! Planning our first Disney Cruise since 2002. I used to know it all. Now I feel lost at sea! LOL!

kittychatalot 05-19-2013 07:33 AM

Awesome post

Thanks so much for all the useful info!