The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ahhh I have done it again. Help! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110462)

Octoberbaby 05-12-2013 08:46 PM

Ahhh I have done it again. Help!
 
Ok I had my heart and mind set on Caribbean Beach resort. Now I am thinking Port Orleans Riverside. Our family loves the outdoors and fishing so I am thinking they will like Riverside better now. But I would enjoy the beach at Caribbean Beach. Please help me choose!

smidgy 05-12-2013 08:48 PM

how long is your trip? you could do a split stay.

kandb 05-12-2013 09:54 PM

We love POR, grounds are beautiful and pictures on the website don't do it any favors IMO. It's really a nice relaxing resort.

maryj11 05-13-2013 09:52 AM

Dont feel bad because I do the same thing when I go. I book one resort then change my mind. It is so hard to decide with so many nice resorts to pick from. We were thinking of choosing CBR for our next trip and now I'm thinking POR :confused3. We have stayed at POR a long time ago and we really like it, it's so beautiful and peaceful. I have not stayed at CBR but their pool looks way better than POR's. I know Im not help :confused:

bluejasmine 05-13-2013 12:21 PM

Personally I would go with POR! We have stayed at both and CBR is very very spread out, you literally have to take a internal bus to get to the pool and food court!

POR is big but its a nice walk, very very nice grounds! Fishing, boating, you can take a boat to DTD.

wiigirl 05-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandb (Post 48378701)
We love POR, grounds are beautiful and pictures on the website don't do it any favors IMO. It's really a nice relaxing resort.

:thumbsup2

Marsheliz 05-13-2013 12:41 PM

I'm having the same problems... I booked CBR and now I keep thinking about CSR. ;(

VACamm 05-13-2013 12:59 PM

I've stayed at all Moderates except coronado springs which we will be staying at next month. If I had to choose between Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach I would absolutely pick POR in the Mansion section. We loved it there :)

smidgy 05-13-2013 01:08 PM

unfortunately, you can't "book" either the mansion section or the bayou section. it's only a request. (unless you book a royal room)

at CBR, the only 2 sections that are far are Barbados or one of the trinidads. I forget which is the far one, north or south. we like jamaica or aruba because you cross the island to get to the pool and food court, and it's really pretty.

some of the walks at por are pretty far, too.
but we like both resorts. one year, we did something really weird. 5 nights at french quarter and 5 at POR.

maxiesmom 05-13-2013 02:48 PM

I've stayed at both, and I think POR is far and away nicer than CBR. The food court at POR is better, the busing is better, and the gift shop is better. Love love love POR, neither like nor dislike CBR.

Octoberbaby 05-13-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smidgy (Post 48378029)
how long is your trip? you could do a split stay.

We will only be staying 6 nights when we go. I could do 3 and 3 but would that be alot of trouble?

Octoberbaby 05-13-2013 03:42 PM

Thanks yall! It sounds like I am going to have to go with POR! :goodvibes

maryj11 05-14-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smidgy (Post 48383710)
unfortunately, you can't "book" either the mansion section or the bayou section. it's only a request. (unless you book a royal room)

at CBR, the only 2 sections that are far are Barbados or one of the trinidads. I forget which is the far one, north or south. we like jamaica or aruba because you cross the island to get to the pool and food court, and it's really pretty.

some of the walks at por are pretty far, too.
but we like both resorts. one year, we did something really weird. 5 nights at french quarter and 5 at POR.

Well you can book royal room and that would get you in mansions or book preferred and that would get you in AB . But it cost a little more.

maryj11 05-14-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberbaby (Post 48385358)
We will only be staying 6 nights when we go. I could do 3 and 3 but would that be alot of trouble?

If I were staying 6 nights I would do a split, then again I have never done a split before. Some say it is to much of a hassle. We usually only stay 5 nights so I have never done it. I asked this question before and some said if it were 6 or more nights they would try it.

Octoberbaby 05-14-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryj11 (Post 48392057)
If I were staying 6 nights I would do a split, then again I have never done a split before. Some say it is to much of a hassle. We usually only stay 5 nights so I have never done it. I asked this question before and some said if it were 6 or more nights they would try it.

It's a great idea! And I have never done it before either. I am thinking about trying that but I am worried of a hassle. It's something I am definately interested in checking more into. Maybe the magic of Disney will make it less of a hassle? IDK, I was thinking of calling and asking how it works.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.