The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What resort for one night/resort only day? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3109248)

Rychelle924 05-10-2013 07:38 AM

What resort for one night/resort only day?
 
We got a PIN for our end of Nov/early Dec trip. Since the dates were one day off, I'm doing the package for 8 days and doing one room only reservation for our arrival day which will be a no park day as well. We are staying at ASSp for the 8 days. Thinking for that first day either AoA or a deluxe. But I can't decide which one to do. (We have stayed at all levels so I'm ok with the Deluxe down to Value issue a lot of people don't like to do).. So, what do you all suggest for the best one night/resort day stay to start our trip off? It's my husband and I and 2 sons, ages 9 and 6. Thanks!

mickeynut1 05-10-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rychelle924 (Post 48355485)
We got a PIN for our end of Nov/early Dec trip. Since the dates were one day off, I'm doing the package for 8 days and doing one room only reservation for our arrival day which will be a no park day as well. We are staying at ASSp for the 8 days. Thinking for that first day either AoA or a deluxe. But I can't decide which one to do. (We have stayed at all levels so I'm ok with the Deluxe down to Value issue a lot of people don't like to do).. So, what do you all suggest for the best one night/resort day stay to start our trip off? It's my husband and I and 2 sons, ages 9 and 6. Thanks!

I would go with the Poly. We have loved all the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is our favorite and I think that would be a great resort to hang out at for a day with no parks. The tropical atmosphere is relaxing and the beach is great for watching the fireworks. It's also convenient to the GF and CR for dining, shopping, or just visiting.

GaBelle 05-10-2013 07:48 AM

I would stay at YC or BC. You could spend the day at SAB!

Rychelle924 05-10-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 48355583)

I would go with the Poly. We have loved all the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is our favorite and I think that would be a great resort to hang out at for a day with no parks. The tropical atmosphere is relaxing and the beach is great for watching the fireworks. It's also convenient to the GF and CR for dining, shopping, or just visiting.

I have been to poly but my kids never have. I was considering this. But then wondering if I should try one I've never been too. Hmmm how's the kids activities at poly? Since I was there got an adult only trip I didn't even look into that there.

Minnie824 05-10-2013 08:10 AM

Beach Club! Your kids will love the pool and its a great area.

Rychelle924 05-10-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBelle (Post 48355588)
I would stay at YC or BC. You could spend the day at SAB!

Are there a lot of other kids activities if its too cold to swim?? I've never stayed at either

EagleScout 05-10-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rychelle924

Are there a lot of other kids activities if its too cold to swim?? I've never stayed at either

Beach club activities - eight main ones I could think of- 1-has activities every afternoon in pool area from lunch time through dinner time- some are clearly water-related, but others are not-depends on day and time of day-and tend to have more "dry" activities when cold. (For example, even in May two days per week are mickey tie-dye t-shirt making or similar for an hour or so). 2- In evening, there is a campfire with marshmallows (and the market sells the rest of the ingredients to make a "full" s'more, if you want). 3- after campfire, a movie every night (but some nights the movie is more "little kid", but mostly for your kids' ages). 4- beach volleyball-get equipment from gym. 5- fantasia mini-golf is walking distance. 6- boat rentals for lake (but may want to avoid if chilly-even though not swimming in lake, may get some splash, etc.

EagleScout 05-10-2013 08:38 AM

Sorry, the last two- 7- activities on boardwalk-several nights per week are free "street entertainers"- magicians, jugglers, etc, as well as rental of the surrey bikes, and 8-the pirate cruise. I believe departs from yacht club marina each afternoon and takes kids on a pirate adventure. A fun time with raving reviews (my guy still too young-need to be 4, but people say even preteens enjoy). Obviously some of these have a cost - minigolf, pirate cruise, boat rental, buying full s'mores.

Rychelle924 05-10-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleScout (Post 48356058)
Sorry, the last two- 7- activities on boardwalk-several nights per week are free "street entertainers"- magicians, jugglers, etc, as well as rental of the surrey bikes, and 8-the pirate cruise. I believe departs from yacht club marina each afternoon and takes kids on a pirate adventure. A fun time with raving reviews (my guy still too young-need to be 4, but people say even preteens enjoy). Obviously some of these have a cost - minigolf, pirate cruise, boat rental, buying full s'mores.

This is amazing info!! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this! :)

herb102211 05-10-2013 09:00 AM

Go for the deluxe! We love the BWI or YC/BC!

Rychelle924 05-10-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herb102211 (Post 48356298)
Go for the deluxe! We love the BWI or YC/BC!

This is going to sound so stupid but I always skip over BWI because of that damn clown at the pool!! Lol clowns scare the heck out of me lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.