The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pop Warner @ Values or Moderates? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3109231)

Terk-1 05-10-2013 07:48 AM

Pop Warner @ Values or Moderates?

I am booked at Port Orleans French Quarter during the first 3 days of the Pop Warner Football, Cheerleader & Dance thing, then my final night is at AoA before heading home. I've not been during this time before. Where do most of these teams stay? Are they at the moderates or just the All Stars? How crowded does the buses get to/from the parks? Are the foodcourts overwhelmed?

dansdad 05-10-2013 07:50 AM

Usually one of the All Stars and CBR. You should be fine.

KatMark 05-10-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansdad (Post 48355152)
Usually one of the All Stars and CBR. You should be fine.

Last year they were at the Coronado. You could not pay me to stay where those people stay again. We had stayed at Coronado nine times previously and love the resort. But our 10th stay was awful thanks to Pop Warner.

To OP, they have stayed at all the moderates...they seem to change it up.

Terk-1 05-12-2013 04:48 PM

Moderates

Does anyone know which moderate they are staying at this year?

KatMark 05-12-2013 04:58 PM

I just looked on their website and do not see it listed as of yet. If I'm not mistaken, they didn't tell everyone until September or so last year.

serene56 05-12-2013 10:01 PM

i thought they stayed at pop century

KatMark 05-12-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serene56 (Post 48378176)
i thought they stayed at pop century

No, it is always the All-Star resorts and then a moderate.

helenk 05-12-2013 10:36 PM

The value resort choice has been the Allstar Sports and the Allstar Music. Years ago the moderate choice was the POR with over flow to POFQ. When they did the remodeling at the POR, the moderate resort changed.
Last year the group had the choice of 2 moderates, the CBR or CSR. The resorts for this year have not been posted on POP Warner's website.
I have stayed at the Allstar Music during POP warner, I would try to avoid the resorts they are in. They over run the food courts and the pools. The buses during the day were not too bad, because they are in competitions during the day. At night they did go to the parks but not as one large group, as long as you are not on the same bus as the cheerleaders you are okay, they have a tendency to cheer the whole bus ride.

Missytara 05-13-2013 07:39 AM

It is kinda easy to figure out; just plug in their week into the Disney website; if you see standard rooms and one type of view unavailable, then they are staying there.

This year, it looks like CBR. For that week there is no availabilty for standard, pool or water view.