The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Second guessing my resort choice (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3109070)

canadiandisneyfamof4 05-09-2013 06:01 PM

Second guessing my resort choice

I booked ASMu this morning for 4 nights before the cruise. We won't be spending a lot of time at the resort so we were focusing on what was most cost effective as a big part of our resort choice.

I am really second guessing this choice - we stayed at ASMu last year pre cruise and enjoyed it, but I feel like I should stay somewhere new (part of my ridiculous rationale is that I already have the All Star Pin and if I stay there again I can't get a new pin, yes I know, ridiculous) So my options are stay were we are, move to Art of Animation (no discount available so it would about $80 for the entire stay) or move to a moderate resort which is about double the price currently ASMu is $72 a night. We have previously stayed at POP so moving our reservation there doesn't help.

kappyfamily 05-09-2013 06:27 PM

I would say try art of animation if $ allows! Why not! Have fun!

KPetty725 05-09-2013 06:35 PM

I would say $80 is worth it for a newer resort with a better pool area and to check off another resort on the list! Doubling for a moderate when you're not really going to spend much time there, not so much. I vote for AoA! :) have fun!

canadiandisneyfamof4 05-09-2013 06:41 PM

My math was wrong
Its $150 more for AOA
$250 more for CBR

Now I'm starting to think its worth the money for CBR

canadiandisneyfamof4 05-09-2013 07:21 PM

Did it, moved our reservation to CBR. I am very happy with my choice. Nightly rate is $127 which is a good price.

o0quirkygirl0o 05-09-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 (Post 48351959)
Did it, moved our reservation to CBR. I am very happy with my choice. Nightly rate is $127 which is a good price.

Don't hate me for the late news, but CBR is by far my least favorite mod resort. It is gigantic, the beds are smaller than any other mod, and it is the least renovated.

Is it too late to switch to POR, POFQ, or CSR?

canadiandisneyfamof4 05-09-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o (Post 48352332)
Don't hate me for the late news, but CBR is by far my least favorite mod resort. It is gigantic, the beds are smaller than any other mod, and it is the least renovated.

Is it too late to switch to POR, POFQ, or CSR?

CSR is sold out for when we will be there (has been for months so must be a big convention)

POFQ is not included in the discounts

POR is included, but no standard rooms available so it would be another approx $100 for a water view etc.

Process of elimination has led me to CBR. It's only for 4 nights pre DCL Fantasy Cruise. We will have a rental car for part of the stay so I think we will be ok.

o0quirkygirl0o 05-09-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 (Post 48352518)
CSR is sold out for when we will be there (has been for months so must be a big convention)

POFQ is not included in the discounts

POR is included, but no standard rooms available so it would be another approx $100 for a water view etc.

Process of elimination has led me to CBR. It's only for 4 nights pre DCL Fantasy Cruise. We will have a rental car for part of the stay so I think we will be ok.

In that case, It's probably the best decision.