The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BOG or 'Ohana (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108614)

skeettafic 05-08-2013 09:50 PM

BOG or 'Ohana

First trip is coming up in November and we can make our ADR's in a few days and have them pretty well set except our last night.

It will be Nov 14th and we are going to spend the day in MK. There's a Christmas party that night but we won't be going (doing one earlier in the week) so we can eat in MK if we eat before 7 or we can go someplace else. I was initially planning on trying for BOG but wondering if 'Ohana might be a better choice for us based on menu and for a fun last night in Disney experience.

Anyone who's eaten at both have any thoughts?

DizDaD7 05-08-2013 10:21 PM

Both are great. This was the first time though that we haven't eaten at Ohanas in the last 4 trips though...We did a 530 pm adr at BOG....Didn't get seated till around 615 though( Still ironing out the wrinkles i'm guessing :confused3 )We had a ressie for 13 people, and they ended up giving us 26 automatic FastPasses good for the next day, which was very nice of them...

The restaurant theming is incredible. Both rooms are reaaly authentic, and make you feel like you are in the movie..LoL Also the beast is roaming around the whole time....The food was very good, dessert was delicious, and vry well priced, IMHO. Definitely cheaper than O'hanas.

Antonio 05-08-2013 10:31 PM

Never done BOG but I can say that ohana is really really good. I make sure I find a ressie for every trip I go on. I can honestly say its our only must do. Hope this helps.

disneymagicgirl 05-08-2013 11:12 PM

We haven't done BOG yet, but are on the 17th. Ohana is really good. DH requests it every trip!

MinnieLee 05-09-2013 05:12 AM

We really enjoyed Ohana's but got to see the inside of BOG during previews last year and it is beautiful. They weren't serving that day but we were lucky to get ressies for 11/8 for this year and are so looking forward to it. We tried to 11/1 at exactly 180 day mark and it was booked solid. DD called the next day to add on to our reservation and could not be accomodated so if you can get a reservation, go for it!

You are already going to be in the park and it would be so easy just to walk over

WDW in Pearls 05-09-2013 05:29 AM

I know this is a really stupid pet peeve, but its Ohana, not Ohanas.

If you can get a BOG reservation, I would say go for it this time. Ohana is hands down my favorite place in all of Disney, but it might be worth trying BOG if you can.

Kimosabe 05-09-2013 07:10 AM

I would be tempted to go with Ohana after 7:00. That gives you maximum time in MK without having to cut into park time for dinner and allows you to extend the evening a bit with dinner across the lagoon after they give you the boot!

WDW in Pearls 05-09-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimosabe (Post 48343718)
I would be tempted to go with Ohana after 7:00. That gives you maximum time in MK without having to cut into park time for dinner and allows you to extend the evening a bit with dinner across the lagoon after they give you the boot!

Great point. I often struggle with having dinner at MK because I hate having to be on a schedule when I'm there. I like the idea of getting breakfast and then having the rest of the day to spend in the park however we want.

skeettafic 05-09-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimosabe (Post 48343718)

That's a good idea.

Thanks everyone! I know that BOG is the new thing and I feel like we should take a ressie if we can get it but the more I look at the menu, the more I think we'd enjoy the food and atmosphere at 'Ohana better. It seems like a fun way to end the trip. Hmmm, I have 4 days to decide!

WDW in Pearls 05-11-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeettafic (Post 48353650)

That's a good idea.

Thanks everyone! I know that BOG is the new thing and I feel like we should take a ressie if we can get it but the more I look at the menu, the more I think we'd enjoy the food and atmosphere at 'Ohana better. It seems like a fun way to end the trip. Hmmm, I have 4 days to decide!

I actually was forced to make the same decision you just did for my trip in Sept. I think we made the right decision :-)

Magic3forme 05-11-2013 08:37 AM

Ohana was my favorite restaurant until we went to BOG last month!!

I would try for BOG, then Ohana as a back up! both are great choices..
(the dessert to me is better at Ohana!!)

skeettafic 05-11-2013 10:48 PM

Thanks again, everyone.

We looked and looked at the menus and actually decided to do 'Ohana for a late dinner (well, 7, which is late for us) and then try BOG for lunch that day!

Queen of Pop 05-11-2013 11:38 PM

'Ohana

I have eaten at 'Ohana numerous times but was very excited to eat at Be Our Guest for the first time last week (dinner). Be Our Guest was amazing as far as the atmosphere and "magic" in the castle. The servers and cast members that work there (including the seaters and managers) have much to learn. The cast members there are disrespectful and unwelcoming. The service was poor to say the least. You would enjoy looking around the inside of the castle, but you will have much more fun, better service, and all you can eat food at 'Ohana. Save your time in the Magic Kingdom and then go to 'Ohana after the park closes. Be Our Guest certainly still has some kinks to work out. I was not the only disappointed guest in the restaurant. Be Our Guest is a quick service at lunch time, so if you really want to see the inside, eat lunch there and then enjoy 'Ohana for dinner!

CandiceH 05-12-2013 12:18 AM

We've eaten at both and we had a MUCH better time and were far happier with our food at O'hana. . service was much friendlier there too. BoG has a lovely decor, and it was nice meeting beast. . . but we had a much better time at O'hana. Our next trip, we are going back to O'hana. Breakfast and dinner.