The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion for 2014! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108576)

Rumors Rocks 05-08-2013 08:18 PM

Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion for 2014!
 
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/universa..._expansion.htm

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/11..._Rendering.jpg

Quote:

Even though construction has been happening for months and rumors have been running rampant for even longer, Universal Orlando has finally officially announced an expansion to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, coming in 2014. In truth, the expansion isn't simply an instance of making the existing area in Islands of Adventure larger, but instead adding a new land in the Universal Studios park. This expansion, called Diagon Alley, will be accessible by the Hogwarts Express, a train that will carry passengers back and forth between the existing and new lands, just like in the popular book and film franchise. According to Universal's official press release, the "new area will bring to life some of the experiences and places found in and around London in the Harry Potter books and films, offering brand-new adventures for fans and theme park guests from around the world." It will also "feature shops, a restaurant and an innovative, marquee attraction based on Gringotts bank." The release doesn't offer much more information, simply saying that more details "will be released over time."

Click link for more details.

Peter Pirate 2 05-08-2013 08:23 PM

I'm happy to see that the Disney way is still alive!

twebber55 05-08-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 (Post 48340605)

I'm happy to see that the Disney way is still alive!

Nicely put

DRDISNEYMD 05-08-2013 10:01 PM

~Theme Park Wars is alive & kicking!!!
 
~It all makes sense now, this is a brilliant move by Universal!!! Universal's WWOHP part 2 vs The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. :rotfl2: WOW!!! I can't believe the entire Harry Potter Expansion will be completed in 2014!!! Good. Disney just seems to be in no hurry to build -- I think they were trying to ride out the Harry Potter success so they wouldn't have to do anything else. I hope this is a huge success for Universal.

dairylives 05-08-2013 10:05 PM

Doesn't look as impressive/interesting as the first phase, but looks incredible nonetheless, i look forward to this very much!

mvk 05-09-2013 12:29 AM

I don't think its possible for me to care any less about this than I do.

Isn't there a Universal forum on this board for this to go in?

Rabid Nick 05-09-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvk (Post 48342766)
I don't think its possible for me to care any less about this than I do.

Isn't there a Universal forum on this board for this to go in?


Then why did you click on it, and feel the need to respond at all?

mvk 05-09-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Nick (Post 48343093)
Then why did you click on it, and feel the need to respond at all?

I was awaiting your approval, but since I didn't get it in time, I went ahead and posted.

Why do people who have no clue what Avatarland is going to look like or contain, yet bash the idea of it, click on that thread?

Just saying, this thread should be here - http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

And my interest in Harry Potter World is even less now than before, amazingly enough.

twebber55 05-09-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvk (Post 48343501)
I was awaiting your approval, but since I didn't get it in time, I went ahead and posted.

Why do people who have no clue what Avatarland is going to look like or contain, yet bash the idea of it, click on that thread?

Just saying, this thread should be here - http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

And my interest in Harry Potter World is even less now than before, amazingly enough.

to be honest i agree it probably should go on the uni board, not that i care

dadddio 05-09-2013 09:07 AM

My ignorance of all things Universal can be summed up with the fact that this thread led me to learn that Kong and Jaws were gone. That being said, there's something about this buildout that confuses me.

As I understand it, the current Harry Potter-related attractions are in IoA. They are building this new area in US, a separate theme park. Would it not make sense to build both areas in the same theme park so that guests can visit them together?

Angel Ariel 05-09-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadddio (Post 48344825)
As I understand it, the current Harry Potter-related attractions are in IoA. They are building this new area in US, a separate theme park. Would it not make sense to build both areas in the same theme park so that guests can visit them together?

I can see why they are doing it...in the books hogsmeade and diagon alley are separated by a (decently long) train ride. It wouldn't make much storytelling sense to have them right next to each other in the park. Since Rowling has been pretty adamant about keeping the park as close to her vision as possible, how they're doing this isn't surprising to me.

It also makes sense financially. I'm sure IoA is more of a draw for people now, so people can see WWoHP. I know my family went there specifically for HP in March. We only bought tickets for IoA, because we were only interested in HP. Once Diagon Alley is open, it will likely encourage more people (like me and my family) to buy Universal's Park to Park tickets.

dadddio 05-09-2013 11:18 AM

Would you need park hoppers (or whatever) to ride the train?

ChipnDale79 05-09-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadddio (Post 48346403)
Would you need park hoppers (or whatever) to ride the train?

I would think so, or maybe the train ride is free (like the monorail) and you have to use a ticket once off the train to get in the park.

I think this looks amazing, can't wait to check it out.

Spacedog1975 05-09-2013 11:30 AM

I'm impressed that they are putting it together so quickly.
I might have to visit Universal one of these days. I'm just not enthusiastic about doing it while they have crazy crowds @ HP.

diamondpixienc 05-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 (Post 48346461)

I would think so, or maybe the train ride is free (like the monorail) and you have to use a ticket once off the train to get in the park.

I think this looks amazing, can't wait to check it out.

+1 on this already planning a 2014 Uni/IoA visit just for this expansion and the Transformers too. Now, if only the mine coaster would be available the same time we would do a Disney park day if not we may give Sea World a try too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.