The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is 2 nights enough for Beach Club? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108398)

Suzanne74 05-08-2013 01:24 PM

Is 2 nights enough for Beach Club?
 
We have a weekly rental at Saratoga and am thinking of booking Fri/Sat at Beach Club for rest days before flying home Sun late afternoon. We have never been there before and love the baordwalk area and those pools look amazing. We debated going to Clearwater for 2 nights but with the room only discount, Beach Club will probably be about the same amount for less stress. No need to rent a car or travel.

But is 2 days enough or should I wait and book it again another time I can go longer.

kapoof 05-08-2013 02:03 PM

We stayed there for 8 days and it wasn't enough for us we loved it so much. However we would stay there even for one night it that was the only possibly.

kreckl 05-08-2013 08:04 PM

It's better than none! I'd do it :)

DisneyGuy 05-08-2013 08:18 PM

Yeah, I don't see why not. It's a great resort. Experience it now and if you like it you can stay there longer on the next trip.

splashmountainjaxson 05-08-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne74 (Post 48336306)
We have a weekly rental at Saratoga and am thinking of booking Fri/Sat at Beach Club for rest days before flying home Sun late afternoon. We have never been there before and love the baordwalk area and those pools look amazing. We debated going to Clearwater for 2 nights but with the room only discount, Beach Club will probably be about the same amount for less stress. No need to rent a car or travel.

But is 2 days enough or should I wait and book it again another time I can go longer.

We do the same thing! We do about four to five days at Saratoga thru our DVC points, then head to Boardwalk area for two to three nights.

Last Nov, we did five nights SS, then two nights CL at the Beach Club. Those two nights were very nice and a great way to cap off our week long trip.

We will do the same again this November, if not BC, perhaps BW or YC.

So I say.. Go for it!!

mraney 05-08-2013 09:00 PM

When are you going?

Mickey & Minnie Mom 05-08-2013 09:19 PM

I think it would be a great idea since you love the area and are looking for a "beach" ending to your stay. Once we stayed there for a long weekend (4 nights) in 2008, we were hooked and have been back every year.

We are adding on 3 nights at AKL at the end of our BC stay this summer to have a relaxing end to our vacation. Plan on just staying at the resort, going to the pool, activities there, dining ... All at a place we've never stayed before.

Hope you have a great time!

DizDaD7 05-08-2013 09:33 PM

2 there is better than 2 at Clearwater...IMHO....But for me 2 days ONLY at a resort would be too short...Even with the first 7 at SSR.

Amy&Dan 05-08-2013 10:43 PM

I think that would be great. We did something similar a few years ago with two nights at the Poly before our longer stay at Old Key West. It was a great way to get a feel for the resort.

I think two days for a resort "try out" is a great way to begin or end your trip as part of a split stay.

I say go for it!

brertoad 05-08-2013 11:42 PM

I would stay at BC rather than go to Clearwater. I'd pick WDW over a beach vacation any day. Beach Club is a beautiful resort. Plus, I wouldn't want the hassle to rent a car, drive, and stay at the beach.

Suzanne74 05-09-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey & Minnie Mom (Post 48341192)
I think it would be a great idea since you love the area and are looking for a "beach" ending to your stay. Once we stayed there for a long weekend (4 nights) in 2008, we were hooked and have been back every year.

We are adding on 3 nights at AKL at the end of our BC stay this summer to have a relaxing end to our vacation. Plan on just staying at the resort, going to the pool, activities there, dining ... All at a place we've never stayed before.

Hope you have a great time!

That is our plan. To just stay at the resort, enjoy the pools and boardwalk area. Wind down after a week of craziness. If we feel we didn't get enough we can always add a day onto our tickets to visit Epcot one more time.

I really want to try Clearwater (the beaches in Mid Atlantic are expensive with rough surf) and my daughter is dying to meet Winter from Dolphin Tale but I feel like the stress of getting there would be a pain. We could fly out of Tampa but I rather stay in Orlando this whole trip.

If we hadn't stayed at AKL last trip, we would consider that too. It was wonderful. Thanks

brertoad 05-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne74 (Post 48347343)

I really want to try Clearwater (the beaches in Mid Atlantic are expensive with rough surf) and my daughter is dying to meet Winter from Dolphin Tale but I feel like the stress of getting there would be a pain. We could fly out of Tampa but I rather stay in Orlando this whole trip.

The beaches in Sarasota are really nice. Anna Maria Island (Holmes Beach/Bradenton Beach), Siesta Key, Long Boat Key, etc. are really pretty with gorgeous white sand. The water is usually pretty blue (depends on the waves and weather).

If you do go to Clearwater in the future (I guess there is a Dolphin attraction there you are going to see), there is a restaurant called Frenchy's with really awesome grouper sandwiches. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.