The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CR garden level or AKL club level (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108284)

karmomof3 05-08-2013 09:46 AM

CR garden level or AKL club level
 
I just can't make up my mind on where to stay. We are going for 9 days and will be doing a split stay. Our second half of the trip will be at the YC for 5 nights. I do not think I will change that resort because the kids want to try out the pool.

We get in at 10:30 and will do the pool at the resort. Then we have dinner at Ohana at 6:00. The next day we are going to MK, the following day will be Sea World and then the next day will be AK then we will move to the YC.

Now we like the CR resort because it is close to the monorail and I will have a four year old. It is the Garden View room because the tower is a bit expensive and over our budget. I also like how close this resort is to MK. The kids like how the rooms are decorated on line.

The kids like AKL because of the bunk beds and they think it will be cool to look at the animals from their room. Club level at AKL standard is just about $40 more with our discount than garden view at CR.

Which one would you stay at. Thanks so much. Remember we will do the pool when we arrive and also after Sea World.

Pakey 05-08-2013 11:04 AM

I would only do AKL if you have your own transportation. If you are planning to get to OHana and MK by using Disney transportation, I would stay at CR.

A standard CL room at AKL isn't going to get you animal viewing from your room. However, I still like AKL as a resort better than I like CR. It's just far removed from everything.

jaykorf001 05-08-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 48335460)
I would only do AKL if you have your own transportation. If you are planning to get to OHana and MK by using Disney transportation, I would stay at CR.

A standard CL room at AKL isn't going to get you animal viewing from your room. However, I still like AKL as a resort better than I like CR. It's just far removed from everything.

Actually, standard CL at AKL is an Arusha savanna view.

heidijanesmith 05-08-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykorf001 (Post 48335524)
Actually, standard CL at AKL is an Arusha savanna view.

Yep, we are booked Standard CL at AKL in Oct and I was told by several CM's that we will be on the 4th floor at AKL viewing the Arusha Savannah. the CL lounge is on the 6th floor.

We love AKL as it's animal theme really appeals to our family. We have not stayed CL before, but I am really enjoying the IPO help me with reservations for all of our needs.

I would pick AKL :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

lmhall2000 05-08-2013 03:04 PM

Easy! If the majority of the kids are out of strollers, then AKL..if you have any under 5...CR it is just soo convenient when you have young ones that are tired and cranky...having to get on a bus with several stops and make that long walk back to your room at AKL is a PAIN with little ones...we had 3 under 4 at AKL, vowed NEVER to do it again...ours are teenagers and they still prefer CR over AKL, but if you've never stayed there...I would give it a go with older than 5 kids :)

jaykorf001 05-08-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidijanesmith (Post 48337865)

Yep, we are booked Standard CL at AKL in Oct and I was told by several CM's that we will be on the 4th floor at AKL viewing the Arusha Savannah. the CL lounge is on the 6th floor.

We love AKL as it's animal theme really appeals to our family. We have not stayed CL before, but I am really enjoying the IPO help me with reservations for all of our needs.

I would pick AKL :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We wanted a savanna view and decided on club level in order to do the Sunrise Safari. We are so excited. A nice DIS poster helped me when I was planning as I was clueless. He/she let me know that if we did std club level we'd have Arusha and sure enough that was the case. I've learned so much from this board.

DISzy 05-08-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karmomof3 (Post 48334626)
I just can't make up my mind on where to stay. We are going for 9 days and will be doing a split stay. Our second half of the trip will be at the YC for 5 nights. I do not think I will change that resort because the kids want to try out the pool.

We get in at 10:30 and will do the pool at the resort. Then we have dinner at Ohana at 6:00. The next day we are going to MK, the following day will be Sea World and then the next day will be AK then we will move to the YC.

Now we like the CR resort because it is close to the monorail and I will have a four year old. It is the Garden View room because the tower is a bit expensive and over our budget. I also like how close this resort is to MK. The kids like how the rooms are decorated on line.

The kids like AKL because of the bunk beds and they think it will be cool to look at the animals from their room. Club level at AKL standard is just about $40 more with our discount than garden view at CR.

Which one would you stay at. Thanks so much. Remember we will do the pool when we arrive and also after Sea World.

We had to make this same choice a couple of years ago. We had stayed at CR, Garden view before and really liked it, but CL at AKL is amazing!!!! Really fantastic. The bunk beds also give you a little more space I the room. Staying there again in Sept.
I wi say though that the stroller might be a deal breaker. We have older kids so it has never been a problem. Don't worry about busses though. We never had a problem with them at AKL.

brertoad 05-08-2013 05:27 PM

AKL CL! :banana:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.