The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tea party (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108126)

grumpy eyeore 05-07-2013 09:37 PM

Tea party
 
We will be going to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party this summer. It will be me, DH, 6yr and 2yr. From what I can tell, 2yr won't get the "stuff" that 6yr will because she is free. Can I buy her the same doll ahead of time, or is it a special one that is only available at the park?

Metro West 05-08-2013 04:10 AM

Welcome!

grumpy eyeore 05-08-2013 10:29 AM

Anyone know?

lovetoscrap 05-08-2013 04:21 PM

I am moving this to the Restaurants Board.

dixonsontour 05-08-2013 04:34 PM

I'd call and ask. As far as I know the doll and aurora dress are only available at the party not in the park.

They have the doll sat at the table as you go in.

Have you thought about just you and 6 year old doing the party -it is very much a mom and daughter event.

Also it is a small quiet atmosphere - the girls sit quietly and follow directions, answer questions - not sure how a 2 year old would be.

When we went only one table had a younger child and they left early as he didn't want to sit.

I did a detailed review of the tea party - link in my signature.

TheRustyScupper 05-08-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy eyeore (Post 48331451)
We will be going to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party this summer. It will be me, DH, 6yr and 2yr. From what I can tell, 2yr won't get the "stuff" that 6yr will because she is free. Can I buy her the same doll ahead of time, or is it a special one that is only available at the park?


1) Your child IS NOT FREE.
2) The price is for (1) adult and (1) child.
3) There is an extra charge for a second adult.
4) As mentioned, above, more of a mom-child event than a dad event.

NOTE: From Disney - "Children must be accompanied by an adult, and
the price reflects the cost for a twosome. Additional children and adults
are welcome to attend at an extra charge."

grumpy eyeore 05-08-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonsontour (Post 48339232)
I'd call and ask. As far as I know the doll and aurora dress are only available at the party not in the park.

They have the doll sat at the table as you go in.

Have you thought about just you and 6 year old doing the party -it is very much a mom and daughter event.

Also it is a small quiet atmosphere - the girls sit quietly and follow directions, answer questions - not sure how a 2 year old would be.

When we went only one table had a younger child and they left early as he didn't want to sit.

I did a detailed review of the tea party - link in my signature.

I don't see a signature, I assume because I'm on the app. I'd love to read the review.


Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 48340266)

1) Your child IS NOT FREE.
2) The price is for (1) adult and (1) child.
3) There is an extra charge for a second adult.
4) As mentioned, above, more of a mom-child event than a dad event.

NOTE: From Disney - "Children must be accompanied by an adult, and
the price reflects the cost for a twosome. Additional children and adults
are welcome to attend at an extra charge."

I already made a reservation for 2 adults and 2 children. They already charged my card. The price was the same for 2 adults 1 child as for 2 adults, 1 child and 2yr. So, the 2yr is free.

I figured my DH wouldn't go, but he said he wanted to.

AlohaAnnie 05-08-2013 07:52 PM

Check in the GF gift shop. I have seen the dolls for sale there. It has been a while since we have been to GF (Dec 2011) so they may not be there anymore.

Good Luck :)

mcbj 05-08-2013 10:08 PM

The Aurora doll was exclusive to the tea party when we went, but maybe you could get the Cindy costume or some other princess for DD2? It was a fun time, enjoy :goodvibes

dixonsontour 05-09-2013 03:01 PM

Link to review with lots of photos below. Any questions let me know.

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review

fabulousfive 05-09-2013 05:03 PM

When I did the tea I just took my two older girls 4 & 6) and left the little one with her dad. I think your child has to be three to attend. There were definitely no two year olds at the tea and no dads at all. I really think you would enjoy it most just you and your older daughter. Maybe your husband and little one can hit the pool during the tea time. By the way, loved the tea!!!! We are doing it this next time too!

tofubeast 05-09-2013 05:29 PM

The minimum age is 3 years old.

martinezmom3 05-09-2013 09:45 PM

OP, it's so sweet that your DH wants to go! I'm a mom of three DDs and Disney is about a once every five years type of trip for us and I know my DH would never miss this. He has a hard enough time leaving for thirty minutes to pick up the rental car because he doesn't want to miss anything! He may get a little tired of all of the glitter and pink once in a while at home, but Disney is just such a magical memory trip it's understandable that dad doesn't want to miss a moment! Kudos to him!! :)

dixonsontour 05-10-2013 01:25 AM

Just to add my DH didn't feel he missed out.

He saw DD crowned by rose petal and go into the tea party. He also was there as soon as we left the tea room so saw the parade around the lobby and the group photos.

Personally I don't think a 2 year old would enjoy sitting silently for an hour - it is not a normal character meal where they can move around and chatter.

My overall memory is the atmosphere was very serene and all the girls sat enthralled. I would hate you to have to leave early because of your little one.

I would go with the older one and let DH take the little one for a walk in the GF grounds (is there a playpark?). Then in a few years when the little one is older go back just with her.

TDC Nala 05-10-2013 10:45 AM

Something's wrong here. The price is per adult and child. And everything says it's for kids age 3-11, no 2 year olds. All bookings are for one adult and one child. If they let you bring the 2 year old in, for nothing, then I'd guess no, she won't get a doll. I would assume they're not going to give the doll for free. I don't know if you can buy one, you'll need to call Disney and ask. Ask while you're at it if a 2 year old can even be brought to this event.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.