The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Monorail Question Contemporary (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108123)

LoriZH 05-07-2013 09:32 PM

Monorail Question Contemporary

Hi all, it's been years since I've been back to Disney (2007 to be exact, I know I know!) but we're going back this August for 9 nights :yay:

My question is this, things have changed for me since my last visit, I was struck by a car and suffered some serious injuries that have worsened over time. I have arthritis of the spine now and it's moving into my legs, wrists etc. Have bilateral burtis in hips and shoulders (ugh...I know) anyway, we are staying at the Contemporary mainly due to the access to the monorail and of course it's our favorite resort. My question is this, has the Bay Lake Tower severely affected the monorail use at The Contemporary? I did speak with a CM and he stated that they have basically accommodated the larger crowds using more monorails and even putting two on the track. Is this true?

I just want to know how bad the wait will be regarding the monorail and how long the lines will be. Also if anyone has stayed there prior to the opening of BLT and has been back since the opening, could you please chime in? :) Thanks all! pixiedust:

twodogs 05-07-2013 10:44 PM

We stayed ay BLT last week and around the same time last year. I think this is a less busy time than when you are going, but I literally never waited with more than 10 other guests for a monorail. We are rope droppers. We had a double stroller and 6 people and we got on every monorail on the first pass, no problems whatsoever. They have several "gates" to certain cars on each monorail that are marked for those needing special assistance/handicapped access, at the parks. I don't think it will be a problem. Have a great trip!

Sophiesmom 05-08-2013 12:06 AM

We stayed at BLT for one week in the middle of July 2012 and are staying there for one week mid- July this year. We never found monorail lines to be a problem at the Contemporary. July is a super busy time, and crowds die down in August. I think you will be fine. Enjoy your trip!

spiceycat 05-08-2013 12:11 AM

there aren't alot of extra people because of BLT - now people parking in the lot at ttc and getting on the resort monorail are still a big problem.

think you will like it even more - there is now an elevator to the monorail - so you don't have to use the escalator to get on the monorail.

BLT was a replacement for North wing - which room wise actually had more rooms.

Kimberle 05-08-2013 05:28 AM

Remember, the BLT replaced the North Wing.

LoriZH 05-08-2013 09:39 AM

Oh thank you guys!

Yes I forgot they tore down the wing :)

Sounds like it won't be a problem for me and the elevator will work great. I was a little nervous we weren't going to be able to use the monorail as much as we wanted but it seems I was wrong, thankfully.

To those of you who are on your way, have a magical vacation! I cannot wait to get back to the World in August. I'm becoming more and more excited each day :cheer2: