The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Booking question. Opinions appreciated. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3107947)

Shaft41 05-07-2013 03:19 PM

Booking question. Opinions appreciated.

We were not planning on doing a trip this summer, but, of course, the bug has bitten us again and we are debating whether we can do it. The best flight deals from our area are for arrival on June 11. The current % off promotion begins with stays starting June 13.

I assume I could book separate reservations, one for 6/11 through 6/13 and then another starting on the 13th to take advantage of the discount. Since we are flying in, we are not going to rent a car, so the first 2 nights would need to be on Disney property as well to take advantage of ME.

Does this sound feasible? Also, we have never done a split stay at 2 different resorts, but this might be an opportunity for that. We have 5 kids between ages 5-10, so we might be doing 2 rooms anyway. Would this just be a colossal pain, switching resorts and such? I'm just frustrated because the flights coming in a week later went way up in price today before we'd decided whether we are going to go or not. So, if we're going to do it, I figure I should jump on these flights now, but I need to figure out how to reconcile it with the dates of the % off deal. Thanks for all input.

tmbacon 05-07-2013 06:20 PM

I think you should try a split stay. Stay the first 2 nights at a Value and then go to Moderate or Deluxe for the remainder of your time at WDW. I actually prefer vacations with split stay - it changes things up and our kids really enjoy the new experiences!!

CoolPool 05-07-2013 06:30 PM

You could always make two reservations at the same resort and explain your situation at check-in. Usually Disney will try to help you if you want to keep the same room(s) but they don't guarantee anything in advance. However I'm a big proponent of split stays if it comes to that.

mommyrosa2 05-07-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolPool (Post 48329493)
You could always make two reservations at the same resort and explain your situation at check-in. Usually Disney will try to help you if you want to keep the same room(s) but they don't guarantee anything in advance. However I'm a big proponent of split stays if it comes to that.

I agree here.

My DH is not a fan of split stays so when we were faced with having to do one last year, we booked them at the same resort, linked the two reservations and explained that we really didn't want to switch rooms if we didn't have to. When it came time for the switch, we were lucky and were able to keep the same room.