The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New plan maybe. Anyone done split stay at poly then CR? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3107677)

princessap 05-07-2013 06:53 AM

New plan maybe. Anyone done split stay at poly then CR?
 
I really want to stay at the cr but our girls loved the poly this year but it was our first time onsite but maybe that's what they loved! I am contemplating starting at the poly for three nights and then moving to the CR TPV for four nights to end our trip. Has anyone done this before? Would it be a pain?

I am so worried they won't like the cr as much as they did the poly?!

lmhall2000 05-07-2013 07:13 AM

We considered a split stay but pricing is cheaper the longer you stay under one reservation, it would cost our family about $400-500 more to switch resorts so it was not worth it tous, if pricing were the same, I would do it, especially at those two...easy to get back and forth!

princessap 05-07-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmhall2000 (Post 48322482)
We considered a split stay but pricing is cheaper the longer you stay under one reservation, it would cost our family about $400-500 more to switch resorts so it was not worth it tous, if pricing were the same, I would do it, especially at those two...easy to get back and forth!

Why was it more? For the dining? I thought the tickets would be okay from our first reservation but I could be wrong. I wouldn't do it for that price difference either.

We loved the convenience of the monorail so it will be one of these for sure but I am having such a hard time deciding. Augh.

dansdad 05-07-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessap (Post 48322367)
I really want to stay at the cr but our girls loved the poly this year but it was our first time onsite but maybe that's what they loved! I am contemplating starting at the poly for three nights and then moving to the CR TPV for four nights to end our trip. Has anyone done this before? Would it be a pain?

I am so worried they won't like the cr as much as they did the poly?!

We have done a couple split stays and WDW makes it easy peasy to do. We normally have bell services come get our luggage, check out of resort 1, head to a park for the day, head to resort 2 and check in around 5 or 6, once in the room call bell services and have them bring up our luggage.


Now because you know your girls loved the poly might I suggest starting off at CR. Then if they don't really like it, they will have the Poly to look forward to.

princessap 05-07-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansdad (Post 48322847)
We have done a couple split stays and WDW makes it easy peasy to do. We normally have bell services come get our luggage, check out of resort 1, head to a park for the day, head to resort 2 and check in around 5 or 6, once in the room call bell services and have them bring up our luggage.


Now because you know your girls loved the poly might I suggest starting off at CR. Then if they don't really like it, they will have the Poly to look forward to.

Thanks! I am torn over what to do. I am curious why the pp said it was more money to do split stay. That would factor in to my decision.
I really want TPV in the cr so we will have to see

chasgoose 05-07-2013 10:15 AM

If your heart is set on the split stay, you might as well do it. It won't be too difficult to do since they are close to each other. If I were you, I would schedule a breakfast ADR at the 2nd resort on the move day so you can get the check-in out of the way before you hit the parks. Then they can text you when your room is ready so you know when you can head back to the hotel (also this ups your chances of getting the new room faster).

bleeps 05-07-2013 10:18 AM

We did that once -- started at Poly, moved to CR. We regretted it -- even though we had stayed at CR previously and loved it, we missed the Poly. We found the pool, the overall atmosphere, etc, to add a real extra sparkle that CR just doesn't have.

polyfor4 05-07-2013 10:54 AM

I would do CR and then the Poly since you already know your family loves the Poly. It's less of a gamble that way. I've stayed at both and I wouldn't count on absolutely loving CR if your family loves the pool etc. at the Poly just because there is no comparison. We always do split stays on longer trips and it works really well for our family. It often saves us money and it makes the trip seem longer. But we also save the Poly for last because we know its our favorite. We drooled over the Poly for years and we found that we loved it even more when we were able to stay there. With that being said, I don't have that desire to stay anywhere else and every time we have, we end up wishing we had just stayed where we knew we loved. For that reason, I would play it safe and save it for the end of the trip. Who knows you could end up staying first at CR and not wanting to leave!

Princess Disney Mom 05-07-2013 12:54 PM

I'd just stay at the poly and visit the CR and eat there. It is so much easier to stay at one resort. You'd have to check out at 11 and the other resort would not be ready until 3. The last two times at the CR our room was not ready till 5pm.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

hgeisler 05-07-2013 03:25 PM

If you are doing tpv at CR, I would do the Poly first, then CR. Yes, the pool is better at the Poly, but the view of the castle is awesome! Plus, if you do the MK on your departure day, you can just walk back instead of waiting for the monorail. We went from the Poly to the CR, and we loved it:)But...I still think you should just give the CR a try, since you really would like to do it! You'll be at Disney, you're kids are gonna be happy no matter what;)

hgeisler 05-07-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessap

Thanks! I am torn over what to do. I am curious why the pp said it was more money to do split stay. That would factor in to my decision.
I really want TPV in the cr so we will have to see

It's going to be cheaper if you have more than the cheapest room category at the Poly. The lagoon view rooms there are more expensive than the tpv rooms at CR.

Perditamarie 05-07-2013 04:51 PM

If you are getting the dining plan for both parts of your trip, then it is more expensive, as you have to purchase tickets with each package, instead of benefitting from a single ticket purchase for more days. This does not apply to room only/ AP holders/military discount. Happy planing!

mickeynut1 05-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessap (Post 48322515)
I thought the tickets would be okay from our first reservation but I could be wrong. I wouldn't do it for that price difference either.

You are correct. If you book room + tickets with the first resort and room only for the second, your park tickets will be good for the whole trip as tickets are good for 14 days from first use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansdad (Post 48322847)
Now because you know your girls loved the poly might I suggest starting off at CR. Then if they don't really like it, they will have the Poly to look forward to.

I agree with this. Everyone may love the CR, but since you already know you love the Poly, I would end there just in case the CR isn't what you expect it to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perditamarie (Post 48328618)
If you are getting the dining plan for both parts of your trip, then it is more expensive, as you have to purchase tickets with each package, instead of benefitting from a single ticket purchase for more days. This does not apply to room only/ AP holders/military discount. Happy planing!

This is one reason why split stays come out more expensive than staying at one resort. Another reason might be that 1 resort has no discount or a lesser discount than the other, making the trip more expensive splitting the stay rather than staying at 1 resort the whole time.

princessap 05-07-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgeisler (Post 48327823)
It's going to be cheaper if you have more than the cheapest room category at the Poly. The lagoon view rooms there are more expensive than the tpv rooms at CR.

thats what I thought too. we would do std view at the poly. we enjoyed tokelau location and the std view was fine. i was initially thinking of garden wing at cr but now think i would only do tpv there or else all at poly.

why would it be more expensive to do split stay??

hgeisler 05-07-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessap (Post 48329440)
thats what I thought too. we would do std view at the poly. we enjoyed tokelau location and the std view was fine. i was initially thinking of garden wing at cr but now think i would only do tpv there or else all at poly.

why would it be more expensive to do split stay??

We switched over to a split stay when we were there. We had a package too. We saved three hundred dollars switching to CR:confused3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.