The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Why no free DP in Little Mermaid Rooms? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3107489)

RysMomma 05-06-2013 06:11 PM

Why no free DP in Little Mermaid Rooms?
 
Why is there no free DDP available for stay in the Little Mermaid rooms? I'm not going this year, so it doesn't affect me, but perhaps next year this may be an issue. Why are they excluding those rooms?

smitch425 05-06-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RysMomma (Post 48318278)
Why is there no free DDP available for stay in the Little Mermaid rooms? I'm not going this year, so it doesn't affect me, but perhaps next year this may be an issue. Why are they excluding those rooms?

Because they sell out without offering a discount. Disney uses discounts to fill rooms, and since there are so few of them, they don't need to offer anything to get people to book them.

xdanielleax 05-07-2013 11:50 AM

How do you know which rooms are eligible for free dining plan and which are not? I booked our trip for Caribbean Beach in the pirate room and will be adding dining on the 9th.

smitch425 05-07-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdanielleax (Post 48325485)
How do you know which rooms are eligible for free dining plan and which are not? I booked our trip for Caribbean Beach in the pirate room and will be adding dining on the 9th.

There are a few exclusions listed in the FD release on the Disney Visa site. They are the LM rooms at AoA, the FW campsites and 3 bedroom villas. Other resorts may have certain room view requirements. They will tell you what is available for your resort when you call. Good luck on Thursday! :goodvibes

TDC Nala 05-07-2013 01:54 PM

Because those rooms are in demand and are generally booked up at full price. They're not sitting empty and Disney doesn't need to offer an incentive to fill them.

If, in the future, they are not in as much demand, I would expect WDW to start discounting them as well. But it's hard to tell if that will happen, as there are so few of the LM rooms available.

kaytieeldr 05-08-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

as there are so few of the LM rooms available
It's true, but it's also kind of funny - given that there are about as many Little Mermaid rooms (1,152) as there are Port Orleans French Quarter rooms (1,008). :)

TDC Nala 05-08-2013 07:55 AM

There aren't that many Little Mermaid rooms - there's 864 LM rooms and 1,120 suites.

There's about 5500 value rooms at the AllStars (some of the rooms at Music are suites) and 1800 at Pop Century,

RysMomma 05-08-2013 05:51 PM

You guys are so knowledgeable! Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.