The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Good DTD restaurants when you are on the dining plan? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106458)

kandb 05-04-2013 04:46 PM

Good DTD restaurants when you are on the dining plan?

Just wondering of DTD restaurants that are recommended when you are on the ddp? Was thinking of trying Portobello's. Any thoughts? Thanks

abdgeek 05-05-2013 09:55 AM

I've eaten at the following DTD restaurants using the dining plan: Captain Jack's, Fulton's, Wolfgang Puck's Dining Room Upstairs and Cafe downstairs on the West Side. They were all good, but some have more selections than others. Check out the menus and reviews on Allears.net to see what people are saying,

jtirishbelle 05-05-2013 10:00 AM

Raglan road is our favorite.

We ate at T-rex last time and the kids loved the theme. The food was good.

Both are pricey, and definitely a good bang for your buck with the dining plan.

brertoad 05-05-2013 01:34 PM

We had a bad experience at Portobello's. We don't want to go back there, so I couldn't recommend it. But, if you check out more reviews about it, you may find other opinions on it.

Raglan Road is really good. DH likes Wolfgang Pucks, the one near Splitsville.

magicbob 05-05-2013 01:51 PM

There are some good TS restaurants at DTD, but also Wolfgang Puck Express in marketplace is one of the best CS options.

cbeeindisney 05-05-2013 01:53 PM

We LOVE Raglan Road! :thumbsup2

wiseguyslovethemouse 06-03-2013 10:21 AM

Yay, we are booked for the first time at Raglan Road!

My dd has irish danced for the last 8 years, and we've never eaten there. She doesn't know we are booked, but I'm so excited about the entertainment alone! If the food is great, it will be just perfect! :goodvibes
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtirishbelle (Post 48303309)
Raglan road is our favorite.

We ate at T-rex last time and the kids loved the theme. The food was good.

Both are pricey, and definitely a good bang for your buck with the dining plan.

Dizneydaz 06-03-2013 03:04 PM

Our fav TS are Raglan Road and Wolfgang Cafe.

Our fav CS are Wolfgang Pucks Express and Cookes of Dublin.

We've had many good meals at all 4 locations.

swebb0310 06-03-2013 03:06 PM

Portobello's was great. I also like the Wolfgang Puck Express counter service.

purple figment 06-03-2013 03:18 PM

We usually eat lunch at Raglan Road. Very good food and service, although there's no entertainment at lunchtime during the week days. There was entertainment when we went for Sunday brunch in March - very high energy and fun.

We've eaten at Portobello and it was disappointing. The pasta dish had no flavor at all - talk about bland! Service was virtually non-existent. Our server only showed up to take our order and bring the bill, but in between we never saw him. With all the other places we like or want to try we won't be going back to Portobello for a long time.

MinnieLovesMickey12 06-05-2013 04:14 PM

In Downtown Disney we have eaten at House of Blues, T-Rex, Rainforest and Planet Hollywood. They were all good with Planet Hollywood being our least favorite and T-Rex had the slowest service. All of those take the dining plan.

mcginn08 06-05-2013 06:11 PM

Faves

Our favorites are all ones that are on the meal plan, although we only used the plan once.

Sit downs: Ohanas, Le Cellier, Raglan Rd, Bomas.

Quick service: Cosmic Rays, Lunching Pad

bigmac5 06-06-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcginn08 (Post 48602887)
Our favorites are all ones that are on the meal plan, although we only used the plan once.

Sit downs: Ohanas, Le Cellier, Raglan Rd, Bomas.

Quick service: Cosmic Rays, Lunching Pad

Le Cellier is now 2 TS and I have heard that it isn't worth it

GM24 06-08-2013 06:07 PM

Portobello's

We ate at Portobello's a few years ago and my husband and I both enjoyed it. We are going back again in December.

lylone 06-12-2013 10:22 AM

Another vote for Ragland Road for a table service credit. The weenies on forks for an appetizer is awesome.
Also Earl of Sandwich is a quick service credit. The Thanksgiving turkey is to die for.