The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Staying BC...Do I need to go to a waterpark? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105821)

starousse 05-03-2013 10:20 AM

Staying BC...Do I need to go to a waterpark?

Hi all,

Of those of you who have stayed at the BC, did you go to any of the water parks on your off park days? I was originally thinking of doing Typhoon Lagoon one day and then realize I could probably save over $200 bucks and just spend the day at the hotel enjoying the pool and Stormalong Bay. What do you think?

RMulieri 05-03-2013 10:23 AM

I would still do a waterpark.Storm Along Bay is fun and I love it, but it is not a substitute for either DIsney Water park

elaw 05-03-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMulieri (Post 48287072)
I would still do a waterpark.Storm Along Bay is fun and I love it, but it is not a substitute for either DIsney Water park

Agreed :thumbsup2

Pakey 05-03-2013 10:28 AM

BCV is my home resort and we use SAB on every family vacation.

We always still do a day at a waterpark; we prefer TL over BB.

SAB is a great pool but it's still a pool. It's not a waterpark.

kappyfamily 05-03-2013 10:28 AM

Yep I agree, I would do a waterpark. Stormalong is basically a really nice pool. If you want the adventure of slides and such then I would do typhoon which I like better then blizzard.... Have fun!

jade1 05-03-2013 10:32 AM

We would do SAB then pay the extra $10 and do EPCOT or DHS.

chasgoose 05-03-2013 10:37 AM

It depends on how much your family likes water parks. If you are a big water park fan and you live in a place without access to water parks you should probably try to plan a day at one, since as others have said, SAB is great, but it's not a full-fledged water park and the Disney water parks are among the best in the world. If, however, your family is like mine, who can take water parks or leave them (even the Disney water parks) SAB will probably be enough to satisfy your family. It also depends on how long you are going to Disney for. We usually only go for 5-7 days and would rather spend that time in the parks or relaxing rather than go to the water parks.

Regardless, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any cost savings to adding the water park option now. You can always add it once you are at Disney if you decide your family wants to go to a water park, but you can't take the option off if you get there and decide not to do one. I would recommend playing it by ear and seeing how you feel once you get to Disney.

starousse 05-03-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasgoose (Post 48287198)
It depends on how much your family likes water parks. If you are a big water park fan and you live in a place without access to water parks you should probably try to plan a day at one, since as others have said, SAB is great, but it's not a full-fledged water park and the Disney water parks are among the best in the world. If, however, your family is like mine, who can take water parks or leave them (even the Disney water parks) SAB will probably be enough to satisfy your family. It also depends on how long you are going to Disney for. We usually only go for 5-7 days and would rather spend that time in the parks or relaxing rather than go to the water parks.

Regardless, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any cost savings to adding the water park option now. You can always add it once you are at Disney if you decide your family wants to go to a water park, but you can't take the option off if you get there and decide not to do one. I would recommend playing it by ear and seeing how you feel once you get to Disney.

Hi, just like your family, I could take it or leave it. My kids nor husband have ever done a water park. Me I have. Personally, I would rather spend my days at the park or by the pool. We're going for 8 nights, so we'll just play it by ear and see what everyone wants to do. Thanks for the input everyone!

OKW Lover 05-03-2013 11:02 AM

I'd save the money and enjoy SAB. Its not as extensive as a water park but its still very nice and you can easily spend the whole afternoon there (with adequate sunscreen). :beach:

mickeynut1 05-03-2013 12:03 PM

I agree with the others. SAB is a nice pool but it's just that....a pool....and is not a water park. I would go to a water park. BB is our favorite, but TL is nice too.