The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do to? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105703)

dchronister 05-03-2013 12:12 AM

What do to?

We rented points for a 2 bedroom the first week of December, there was 8 of us going and now someone else has said that they want to go. I know that sometimes if you rent a one bedroom with points that you can actually put 5 people in it, since we are renting points, can we put 9 people in our room, will disney say anything to us about it. This wasn't the plan and i don't want to rent another room for one person, who isn't old enough to stay by their self anyway. We have a 6 year old in our group, who will be sleeping with her parents in the master bdrm, in the king size bed, then 2 21 years old sharing a bed, me and dd17 sharing a bed and dd15 and her dbff 15 on the couch pullout, so everyone comfortably has a bed. Everything is already paid for so it isn't like we can just call and switch things up.

goopysolelady 05-03-2013 12:38 AM

Can't say for sure but I don't see a problem. There were 7 of us in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower and we would have had room for 2 more easily. If I'm not mistaken, there was also a chair that converted to a single "bed" in the common area. Maybe someone else can answer for sure or you may want to contact the people you rented the points from and ask them. Just make sure you register everyone when you check in. Good luck! :tink:

keaster 05-03-2013 04:44 AM

Which resort are you at?

Lynne M 05-03-2013 08:26 AM

At BLT, OKW, and AKV (except for the value villas), you'll have a sleeper chair in the living room, and those two-bedroom villas 'officially' sleep 9.

All other DVC 2-bedrooms have sleeping spaces for 8, but when booked on points, Member Services has been allowing 9. Just be aware that no extra bedding will be provided for the extra person.

Let the member you booked with know about the extra person, so they can get them added to the reservation.

dchronister 05-03-2013 10:49 AM

We are at WLV. I know we can sleep ok, but I just didn't want to "get in trouble with Disney", and my DBinL may end up not going. I won't need extra bedding, everyone will have a place to sleep, I was just afraid that official I just couldn't do it, but I kept thinking that if we rented points, maybe I could swing it. If I had known that 9 of us were going, I would have gotten different lodging in the first place. We are hardly in the room anyway so I'm not real concerned with us being to crowded. We vacation together alot so we kinda of all have a shower schedule, so we will be ok on that end of it.

crazybones27 05-03-2013 11:13 AM

You should be ok. Ask the owner to add the extra person to the room reservation. Most likely member services will tell the owner that you will need to provide your own bedding or aerobed since they won't assume the 6yr old is sleeping in the master.

6disneykids 05-03-2013 05:57 PM

I don't think that VWL can accommodate 9, unless you have a child under the age of 2. I would be prepared to hear no.

Also if you were going to get the DDP for all in villa that could be a problem too.

I would contact the person you rented from ASAP to check on that. I think now you are in the 7 month window now, so if you need somewhere that can accommodate 9, the member may still be able to get it for you.