The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Best DDP CS meals and snacks? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105613)

JennyMP03 05-02-2013 07:30 PM

Best DDP CS meals and snacks?

I've been making a list of high-value items to spend our snack credits on. I want to do the same for CS meals-- not that cost always correlates with quality, but I want to spend our credits on good stuff!

I hear people recommend places like Sunshine Seasons, Wolfgang Express, Taingerine Cafe, and Flame Tree BBQ. But I want to know what meals are your favorites at these (and other) places!

Based on years of lurking the boards here and there, here are some snacks I want to try:
  • Carrot Cake Cookie
  • Butterfinger Cupcake
  • Fried rice from AK
  • Many more Dole Whip Floats than the one I shared with my husband on our honeymoon
  • Cream cheese or jalapeno pretzel

Please share your favorites, and pictures would be fantastic! And I especially need CS meal recommendations. Thanks so much!

BirdsOfPreyDave 05-02-2013 07:46 PM

Pepper Market at Coronado Springs was an absolutely wonderful CS. I just saw on AllEars, though, that they've changed from the buffet to ala carte, but the menu still looks good.

The rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's (Magic Kingdom/Tomorrowland) is really good, and a huge plate of food for a CS credit.

Be Our Guest (Fantasyland) is really special. It's a CS credit at lunch, but be prepared to wait a long time in the line.

Sunshine Seasons (Land Pavilion at Epcot) is another favorite of ours. Lots of selection for a CS options. Hint: also consider using a snack credit for a bowl of soup.

jcieutat 05-02-2013 08:40 PM

Flame Tree BBQ at AK is one of the best bangs for the buck with the QS.
I like apple crumble cake and you can get it at the MK, it is huge for a snack.

brertoad 05-03-2013 10:39 PM

There are higher priced meals at the QS in Japan/Epcot.
Teriyaki Salmon, or Combo dinner.

Cookes of Dublin has some meals that are $12.95.

Also, there are higher prices meals at Wolfgang Puck Express.

For snacks, the Ice Cream Crepe at France is about $5. Their ice cream is delicious.

Lots of goodies on the menu for snacks at the French Bakery too.

VillianDiva 05-04-2013 08:42 AM

Norway Bakery - Sweet Almond Pretzel
Starring Rolls - Red Velvet Cupcake
AK - Jalapeno cheese pretzel
France Bakery - lol pretty much anything!! It's all so good.

feistygalkmc 05-06-2013 09:43 PM

For meals some that I have tried and love are :
Kringla Cafe-Epcot ( LOVE their Norweigan club and the desserts are so good!_
Sunshine Seasons-Epcot (I've only had the Rotisserie CHicken with carrots and mased potatoes and key lime pie, was really really good and lots of food!)
Columbia Harbor House-MK (Friend Shrimp platter was delicious!)

Some I have tried and didn't like:
Flame Tree-Animal Kingdom-I like sweet barbecue sauce, to me this is very tangy and I just didn't care for it.

For snacks, the France bakery is really great. And hit up those egg roll carts! That is if you like egg rolls lol I would say funnell cakes as I love those but I did get one at sleepy hollow and it was way overcooked and cold. So I'm iffy on getting one of those again.

JennyMP03 05-08-2013 05:34 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I didn't know about the fried shrimp at Columbia House. Sounds fantastic!