The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How did I not know Garden wing was separate! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105576)

Fiveisaparty 05-02-2013 06:11 PM

How did I not know Garden wing was separate!
 
I feel like such an idiot! I thought my CR reservation was for the CR building. I didn't realize garden wing wasn't part of "the action". I was really excited for my kids to see the monorail go through the hotel. I can upgrade, but it will be 900 more for a tower Theme Park view. I can't believe with all of my reading that I didn't catch that! :scared::sad2::guilty::confused3

Kimberle 05-02-2013 06:17 PM

We stayed in the wing once. It was just fine! :thumbsup2 It was much quieter than the tower. Plus, the tower is just a short walk away. It's an easy walk to the monorail. The pool area is also closer. If you get the mugs, you can fill them at the pool bar so you won't have to go inside. (Unless there's been a recent change.)

sharadoc 05-02-2013 08:02 PM

You'll get the monorail over your head when you're outside, you'll be close to the pool and the Electrical Water Pageant. Call and request ground floor so you can go outside on a patio. Garden wing doesn't have balconies.

carly chloe 05-02-2013 08:28 PM

We stayed n the garden wing- wasn't that far and your family can go in the stores or eat in cafe- the monorail goes right over head in the cafe.

NewCrew42 05-03-2013 06:45 AM

We preferred the garden wing. It was quieter. :)

Missyrose 05-03-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiveisaparty (Post 48281881)
I feel like such an idiot! I thought my CR reservation was for the CR building. I didn't realize garden wing wasn't part of "the action". I was really excited for my kids to see the monorail go through the hotel. I can upgrade, but it will be 900 more for a tower Theme Park view. I can't believe with all of my reading that I didn't catch that! :scared::sad2::guilty::confused3

Did you price out a lake view room, should be much cheaper than TPV?

Lynne M 05-03-2013 08:20 AM

The garden wing building is right next to the tower, it's a very short walk. You'll go into the tower for check-in, food and shopping, and to board the monorail. So don't worry, your kids will get to see plenty of the monorail coming and going. :)

Cinderumbrella 05-03-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiveisaparty (Post 48281881)
I feel like such an idiot! I thought my CR reservation was for the CR building. I didn't realize garden wing wasn't part of "the action". I was really excited for my kids to see the monorail go through the hotel. I can upgrade, but it will be 900 more for a tower Theme Park view. I can't believe with all of my reading that I didn't catch that! :scared::sad2::guilty::confused3

We have stayed wing twice and tower once. While we enjoyed the tower, I wouldn't pay for it again. The wing is next to the tower, and has a covered walkway. Its a VERY short walk. I have never understood the "away from the action" notion. :confused3

As for watching the monorail go through the building, they can see it while you are eating at the Contempo Cafe ;) While its neat to watch the first few times, the novelty will wear off by the end of the trip...

Fiveisaparty 05-03-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missyrose (Post 48285583)
Did you price out a lake view room, should be much cheaper than TPV?

I did, but it was only 150 cheaper and I figure for that small of a difference TPV is worth it.


sharadoc You'll get the monorail over your head when you're outside, you'll be close to the pool and the Electrical Water Pageant. Call and request ground floor so you can go outside on a patio. Garden wing doesn't have balconies.

How early should I request ground floor? Now or a couple of weeks before arrival?

Fiveisaparty 05-03-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella (Post 48286001)
We have stayed wing twice and tower once. While we enjoyed the tower, I wouldn't pay for it again. The wing is next to the tower, and has a covered walkway. Its a VERY short walk. I have never understood the "away from the action" notion. :confused3

As for watching the monorail go through the building, they can see it while you are eating at the Contempo Cafe ;) While its neat to watch the first few times, the novelty will wear off by the end of the trip...

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I think we will just in garden wing, I don't think we will really be in our rooms that much to warrant such a higher cost. :cheer2:

diskids2 05-03-2013 09:47 AM

Do not worry.....I get the thrill of the monorail going through the building just by going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast!

You will have a great time....just think the action of the main building and the quiet and convenience of the wing.

sharadoc 05-03-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiveisaparty (Post 48286007)
I did, but it was only 150 cheaper and I figure for that small of a difference TPV is worth it.


sharadoc You'll get the monorail over your head when you're outside, you'll be close to the pool and the Electrical Water Pageant. Call and request ground floor so you can go outside on a patio. Garden wing doesn't have balconies.

How early should I request ground floor? Now or a couple of weeks before arrival?

Call and add it now, no reason to wait.

Fiveisaparty 05-03-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharadoc (Post 48287218)

Call and add it now, no reason to wait.

Awesome! I just did it

Reese D 05-03-2013 11:14 AM

We've stayed in the Garden Wing. You need to walk through the main building for so many things that you still get the experience of the monorail going thorugh the building - without the noise. I think you'll be happy.

pepe of ohio 05-03-2013 11:50 AM

We preferred the garden wings, especially the north wing (now gone ).... A lot more personal and quiet... Did not care for the long drop view in the tower or the lengthy wait for the elevators to get out and about...

Garden wings were 3 stories... Easy walk down or fast elevator ride... For the little time we spend in a room, room view is not worth paying extra for... When we're up, we're either at the pool or in a park, quick glances out the room slider is about all we do... Hardly worth 900.00 to do that !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.