The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   resort that sleeps 5 closest to AKV (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105498)

Deesknee 05-02-2013 03:49 PM

resort that sleeps 5 closest to AKV

What is the closest resort to Animal Kingdom Jambo that sleeps 5? We are traveling in a party of 2 groups. One is staying DVC AK Jambo. The other is a party of 3 adults, that each want their own beds, but would like to share a room. Doesn't matter what type of beds.
Thanks for any help.

Dee

DisneyDmbNut 05-02-2013 03:52 PM

bunkbed

there were 3 of us brides that stayed in a bunkbed room. I slept on the bottom bunk and it was comfy

Deesknee 05-02-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut (Post 48280070)
bunkbed

there were 3 of us brides that stayed in a bunkbed room. I slept on the bottom bunk and it was comfy

Thank you. But what resort?

baler31 05-02-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deesknee (Post 48280089)
Thank you. But what resort?

I am going to assume they meant Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't think there are any resort that are really close to Animal Kingdom. Maybe 15 min would be the closest.

DisneyDmbNut 05-02-2013 04:04 PM

sorry! yes.. AKL

Deesknee 05-02-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baler31 (Post 48280114)
I am going to assume they meant Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't think there are any resort that are really close to Animal Kingdom. Maybe 15 min would be the closest.

I thought of that AFTER I posted. :idea: Makes sense. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut (Post 48280196)
sorry! yes.. AKL

no problem. Thanks for responding.

Deesknee 05-02-2013 04:27 PM

I should probably google for a map of the area, but I am SO bad with maps.

Can anyone tell me which is closer, POFQ or AoA to AKV Jambo?

DebbieB 05-02-2013 04:28 PM

1 bedrooms at AKV have a king bed, queen sleep sofa & twin sleep chair (except value rooms). Kidani 1 bedrooms also have an extra bathroom.

DisneyDmbNut 05-02-2013 04:29 PM

All Stars are semi close, but eh, why not get the BB at AKL

Deesknee 05-02-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 48280427)
1 bedrooms at AKV have a king bed, queen sleep sofa & twin sleep chair (except value rooms). Kidani 1 bedrooms also have an extra bathroom.

Thanks. I was hoping to stay with a studio, due to the additional point value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut (Post 48280431)
All Stars are semi close, but eh, why not get the BB at AKL

Thanks. Yeah, the AKL no availability for our 3 nights in August. One of my adult sons just decided to join us. So, the other 2 were hoping they could just get a room big enough for all 3 of them.

vicki_c 05-02-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deesknee (Post 48280607)

Thanks. Yeah, the AKL no availability for our 3 nights in August. One of my adult sons just decided to join us. So, the other 2 were hoping they could just get a room big enough for all 3 of them.

There are no DVC studios that sleep 5 unless one is an infant under 3.

spiceycat 05-02-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deesknee (Post 48280607)

you can't get a room at AKL with points. Nor the value resorts.

so would bite the bullet and get them a 1-bedroom - or tell them they would to have to share. Or put up alot of money and get them a room.

even if you could get a room at AKL w/points it would cost you more in points than a 1-bedroom villa at Kidani.

Deesknee 05-03-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiceycat (Post 48281315)
you can't get a room at AKL with points. Nor the value resorts.

so would bite the bullet and get them a 1-bedroom - or tell them they would to have to share. Or put up alot of money and get them a room.

even if you could get a room at AKL w/points it would cost you more in points than a 1-bedroom villa at Kidani.

I know AKL and AKV are separate and that values aren't dvc (so not points). I was responding to 2 different comments. I appreciate your input though.

I probably will shy away from the dvc resorts, because it would be too costly IMO. We are considering Fort Wilderness cabins. Or just having them get 2 rooms at a value after all.

spiceycat 05-03-2013 12:48 AM

2 rooms in a value or POR - it has 2 queen beds and murphy bed.

madelyn 05-03-2013 10:58 AM

Guess the standard size value rooms are not large enough for a rollaway? Another option I haven't seen mentioned is the Dolphin. We have a family of 5 and they do allow a rollaway in their double rooms that also have 2 double beds. When I was pricing the discounted (AAA rate) with a POR room that sleeps 5 (rack rate) I believe the Dolphin came out cheaper. This is even with their resort fee. But the Dolphin does not have Magical Express or the Dining plan.