The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Too many choices! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104716)

Lolsmum 05-01-2013 07:14 AM

Too many choices!

I cannot decide where we want to stay on our next trip. It's not until November 2014, but given the UK offers we do need to book sometime in the next few months. I thought we had decided, but apparently not.

There are 4 of us and we've done one prior trip to WDW, last summer, and stayed at WL. DD will be 7 and DS will turn 9 on the trip. Currently DD is princess crazy and DS is a Star Wars nut, but that could change in 18 months.

We seem to have 4 different resorts in mind:
BC, Poly, WL and AKL.

I won't say who is voting for which so I don't bias anyone. ;)

Here are the arguments given:

BC: It's close to Epcot and HS and has a cool pool.
Poly: It's on the monorail and has breakfast with Stitch there. DS and DD could sleep in different beds.
WL: We really liked it and it has bunk beds.
AKL: Cool animals and it has bunk beds.

How do we choose?

Financially I thought we had ruled out Poly when we booked a trip to DLP this October, since the cost difference between BC and Poly is about the same as that is costing us, but apparently we can still consider it.

tmbacon 05-01-2013 08:11 AM

I would rule out WL since you've already been there - it would be fun to try a new resort/theme! AK is very nice, but far from a lot of the parks. We loved the atmosphere. We did not have a Savannah view but a pool view which was still lovely.

Personally, I would go for Poly or BC. Although in November, it could be slightly chilly for pool time at BC. But either one will be so close to everything you need/like.

mickeynut1 05-01-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolsmum (Post 48265070)
I cannot decide where we want to stay on our next trip. It's not until November 2014, but given the UK offers we do need to book sometime in the next few months. I thought we had decided, but apparently not.

There are 4 of us and we've done one prior trip to WDW, last summer, and stayed at WL. DD will be 7 and DS will turn 9 on the trip. Currently DD is princess crazy and DS is a Star Wars nut, but that could change in 18 months.

We seem to have 4 different resorts in mind:
BC, Poly, WL and AKL.

I won't say who is voting for which so I don't bias anyone. ;)

Here are the arguments given:

BC: It's close to Epcot and HS and has a cool pool.
Poly: It's on the monorail and has breakfast with Stitch there. DS and DD could sleep in different beds.
WL: We really liked it and it has bunk beds.
AKL: Cool animals and it has bunk beds.

How do we choose?

Financially I thought we had ruled out Poly when we booked a trip to DLP this October, since the cost difference between BC and Poly is about the same as that is costing us, but apparently we can still consider it.

We've stayed at all 4 and while we love them all, the Poly is our favorite. I would go with the Poly for the larger room, a guaranteed daybed, the monorail with convenient access to a variety of dining & shopping options, the beach for watching the fireworks, and the volcano pool with a distant view of the castle while swimming. With that said, you really can't go wrong with any of them as they are all great resorts. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you will have a great trip no matter which resort you choose :).

AJKMOM 05-01-2013 08:53 AM

My favorite WDW resort is AKL! I love the theming, the pool area is great, and seeing animals outside the windows is awesome! It may be a little farther, but only a few minutes more on a bus to the MK, and it's closer to the other three parks.

With all the info about an unreliable monorail, I am not sure how easy it is to get to the MK from the Poly anyway. I've read stories here about being bussed around when the monorail stops working. My SIL sat at the Poly stop for 45 minutes last fall, and was late for her breakfast reservation at CP.

Good luck choosing!

VillianDiva 05-01-2013 08:55 AM

I've never stayed in any of those resorts but out of the ones listed my top choices would be WL and Poly. I love walking through each of them!

spiceycat 05-01-2013 08:57 AM

there are some rooms at BC with 2 queen beds and a day bed (it is not as big as Polyn - but should work for your family)

bc you can either walk or take the boat (at either YC's marina or Epcot - epcot is really closer)

the Polyn you can monorail or boat to the MK, or walk over to ttc and take the ferry to the MK.

plus you can walk over to TTC and take the monorail to Epcot. You can also take the monorail from Polyn to TTC some kids (not to mention older adults) consider this a park ride.

you might consider both BLT and AKV - both have a one bedroom with king bed in bedroom - in living area both queen sleeper bed and chair bed - so yes your kids would have separate sleeping area. Plus it has 2 bathrooms. With a kitchen, laundry room or closet - so your family will have more room.

now BCV, BWV and VWL - also have the king and queen beds - but don't have chair bed or 2 bathrooms (only 1). if you go with one of them you will need an air mattress.

you can rent from a DVC member or broker to save you some cash.

Lolsmum 05-02-2013 07:17 AM

Thanks all.

I'm still totally undecided and now considering Boardwalk too.

We're definitely going for a hotel over a villa. I don't want to even think about cooking anything and I would otherwise. Silly maybe, but where we're at right now.

amccu18007 05-02-2013 07:48 AM

BC hands down. Location to two parks, epcot for dinner and snacks, you can not go wrong. Plus, the pool is awesome and you can get a room with a daybed so your children still won't have to sleep together :)