The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Elliot Dyson - Port Orleans French Quarter Scat Cat Club - fans (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103439)

cruisingkat 04-28-2013 08:19 PM

Elliot Dyson - Port Orleans French Quarter Scat Cat Club - fans
 
FYI - sad news for Elliot Dyson fans. This week 5/1 -5/4 will be Elliot's last week performing. :( . He has been laid off by Disney. We sure will miss his wonderful performances.

Sue M 04-28-2013 08:24 PM

Very sad. He is a very nice man.

Marsheliz 04-28-2013 08:46 PM

Oh no! We sure enjoyed him! :(

crazy4wdw 04-28-2013 09:02 PM

That certainly is very sad news! I always enjoying seeing him when staying at the French Quarter and was looking forward to seeing him again this year. More cutbacks by Disney! I wonder if Yee Haw Bob at Riverside is going to be cut?

etail 04-28-2013 09:02 PM

Sad. All too common of Disney and live musicians on the payroll. Easier to hire short term workers under the guise of "variety" perhaps. Makes me worry about the other musicians working Disney hotels and events.

Sue M 04-28-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4wdw (Post 48241826)
That certainly is very sad news! I always enjoying seeing him when staying at the French Quarter and was looking forward to seeing him again this year. More cutbacks by Disney! I wonder if Yee Haw Bob at Riverside is going to be cut?

Doubtful, Bob jackson draws a huge crowd.

andrewilley 04-29-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 48241860)
Doubtful, Bob jackson draws a huge crowd.

True, but although he's somewhat lower key than Bob on the Disney radar, Elliot's shows are always well-attended too. I for one will miss him. :(

Andre

bluejasmine 04-29-2013 05:47 AM

Darn! We haven't seen him was looking fwd to it in Sept! Does that mean no live entertainment anymore?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

Nancyg56 04-29-2013 06:32 AM

He is part of the overall appeal of POFQ! I will miss him :(

excited4disney2012 04-29-2013 02:14 PM

What?! That's crazy! We really enjoyed him on our last trip in January. He was great! We hung out at Scat Cat's a couple nights just to watch him.

diskids2 04-29-2013 03:11 PM

Disappointing! I was going to spend an evening over at Scat Cat's to see him perform. Well not now. Less money for me to spend on alcohol.

MickeyEars 04-29-2013 04:57 PM

We got an email from him last week telling us about his dismissal. He said Disney told him the main reason they were letting him go was because he was too loud but Disney preferred to tell guests it was because of the lobby renovations.
One night during our last trip we stayed for his entire show. He kept picking on me and would just laugh when my face turned bright red. :blush:
We really enjoyed him. He will be missed.

Carla

cmhguy 04-29-2013 07:36 PM

I just saw this news over on the Unofficial PO site...I was really bummed... We have never seen him before, and this time, I set aside a couple of evenings to enjoy some resort time....this was on the agenda... real bummer...

Sue M 04-29-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewilley (Post 48243350)
True, but although he's somewhat lower key than Bob on the Disney radar, Elliot's shows are always well-attended too. I for one will miss him. :(

Andre

Yes, I will too. We stayed at FQ for the first time in January, and we enjoyed his show. Lovely man.

Sue M 04-29-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyEars (Post 48250289)
We got an email from him last week telling us about his dismissal. He said Disney told him the main reason they were letting him go was because he was too loud but Disney preferred to tell guests it was because of the lobby renovations.
One night during our last trip we stayed for his entire show. He kept picking on me and would just laugh when my face turned bright red. :blush:
We really enjoyed him. He will be missed.

Carla

Too loud :confused3 that has got to be the lamest excuse ever.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.