The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   5 years (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103074)

Dian-er 04-28-2013 09:19 AM

5 years

5 years ago on April 28, 2008, I lost Bob. He was my soul mate & best friend. Sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday & sometimes it feels like eons ago. Losing him left a hole in my heart & big gaping one in my life. I still have moments of tears, they come out of nowhere so I left myself cry a little & then let it go. I'm able to smile & laugh over the memories we made together. He was a very special man & touched many lives while he was with us (short though it was). Miss him every day. I have, however, learned to continue living, being productive, & having new experiences.

wdwscout 04-28-2013 09:36 AM

Here's to Bob! We miss him too. :flower3:

{{hugs}} Dian-er.

roomthreeseventeen 04-28-2013 11:02 AM

Thinking of you and your family today, Diana!

parrotheadlois 04-28-2013 12:21 PM

Keeping you in our thoughts today. Although we never had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person, it was like losing a good friend.

mjtm610 04-28-2013 12:25 PM

There are so many people who were touched by Bob. He might never have known their names, or have seen their faces, but he touched our lives in a very profound way. We miss him still. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. It gets better, but it never gets easier.

Robynlaurel 04-28-2013 12:36 PM

I started listening to the podcast (from the beginning) about three years ago, having never been on the boards. When I got to the day Pete announced Bob's passing, I was so shocked and just cried and cried. I know you must have heard this a million times over the past five years Diana but I felt like I knew him, he made me laugh SO HARD, and I just loved him. I'm so sorry for your loss, and thank you for posting today so I can let you know to add me to the list of strangers who loved your husband! :)

GAN 04-28-2013 12:47 PM

I had been only listening to the podcast for less than a month when Bob passed -I have to say, that was some of the most fun I've ever had with someone I'd never met. Thank you for letting us know it's been 5-years.

Kimberle 04-28-2013 06:15 PM

Thank you for sharing a little bit of him with us. I loved his whit. I never knew what he was going to say next on the podcast. :hug:

happy2go2wdwmom 04-28-2013 09:05 PM

I can't believe it has been five years since I saw the so very sad, shocking, and heart-wrenching post from Pete on these Disboards about the tragic news about your husband, "Dianer." I cried for you, your children, and all of those who grieved then, and I also cried again today. Of course, I never met him but was so touched by his sincere devotion to Disney and his intent to inform us of as many Disney details as he possibly could. I don't think any of us dissers will ever get over losing "Bawb" but I also dont think I will ever stop smiling when I think of his many Bawbisms. One of my favorites was his counting the number of steps it took to get from the Magic Kingdom buses to the front gate for us. Awww, God bless you! :littleangel:

safetymom 04-28-2013 09:15 PM

You have come so far in 5 years!! Bob would be proud. Thinking of you today.

lugnut33 04-28-2013 10:07 PM

Wow, 5 years, can't believe it. I remember hearing the announcement and it was like I lost a friend.

Couple of months later I found that public access show he did and that was perhaps the best show I had ever seen. It was great.

cwt580 04-28-2013 11:18 PM

I still miss hearing has voice and humor......

Quicklabs 04-29-2013 01:44 AM

Bob was so loved by so many

Though all the memories are so wonderful, they can also make the loss that much more profound. Wishing you peace of spirit today and always.

OKW Lover 04-29-2013 06:29 AM

Sending :grouphug:

I had been listening to the podcast for a year or more at that time but had never met any of them in person. Val & I scheduled a trip to Orlando to coincide with what was planned to be a live podcast recording and mini-meet that year. Sadly, it wound up being a memorial service so we never got to meet Bawb in person. Still we feel we knew him just from all the podcasts we listened to. We really enjoyed his part in the whole podcast ensemble and had no doubt the was a genuine sole.

Not only that but he was the only one that didn't have an accent. :listen:

*NikkiBell* 04-29-2013 06:39 AM

I had Bob on my mind throughout this past weekend and especially yesterday. The success of the NJ DIS Meet Weekend reaffirmed how special of a place The DIS is and Bob played a role I'm that. I know he was looking down on us and smiling. Here's to Bob and you, Diana, for being a part of our DIS family.